I WANTED YOU TO BE THE DAD

Cory, Lana and Jordan had got the bus home and Mr Nowaz had picked Riz up from the club.

The three came home to a very pissed off Kevin, who did his best to contain his anger as Lana was there. Thankfully, the three were pretty much sober, so they caused no issues and just went to bed.

                                               ❥

It was open day which meant one thing. Ackley Bridge had to look like a school you'd actually want to send your kids too.

Unfortunately this year it was year 12 and 11's jobs to help out at open day and Lana had decided to help out art in the canteen.

                                               ❥

"Why would anyone want to send their poor children here?" Jordan scoffed as he looked across to Lana.

The two had been stood by the art presentations in the canteen for about 45 minutes and only two families had actually looked at them, and the only questions they had received were asking where the toilet was.

"Lord only knows J" Lana chuckled, as her head hit the table.

"This is so. fucking. boring"

"Oi, stranger" Lana heard Candice call, but chose not to bother looking.

"What are you doing here?" Jordan questioned Candice.

"Erm, who's that?" Candice asked sourly, gesturing towards Lana.

With that, Lana lifted her head, already more pissed off than she was before.

"Oh Lana, course, anyway Jordan, Jamie will be older next year so I'm thinking about coming back, would you like that?" Candice asked him expectedly.

"What do you mean?" Jordan asked as he bent down to see Jamie.

"I mean us, like together in school!"

Lana could tell just by his face that Jordan wanted nothing to do with a relationship with Candice, he only wanted to see Jamie.

"You could come look after him in your frees when your in sixth form" Candice pushed.

"Why would i wanna do that," Jordan laughed, "why would i wanna look after someone else's kid?"

"It's not your kid?" Lana and Candice hissed at the exact same time.

"Nah, i've done a DNA test, it's not mine Candice" Jordan sighed, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"You got a DNA test?"

"Yeah i did, all that guilt you put on me and he weren't even mine, so am i the only ones name you can remember?"

"I'm not like that" Candice snapped.

"Yeah you are, my dad told me, everyone told me."

"Jordan i wanted you to be the dad, i like ya i really do!"

"You don't like me, you like my brother, ya always have, just like all the girls"

"We only did it the once"

"What?"

"What did he tell ya? because i swear Jordan it was only the once."

Lana felt her heart drop. Cory and Candice? How could Cory do that to his own brother?

"Who-are you talking about Cory, my Cory?" Jordan stammered.

"Oh my god" Lana gasped, raising a hand to her mouth.

"Leave it Jordan" Candice stuttered, trying to calm the boy down.

"My brother Cory?" Jordan began, his voice getting louder.

"Jordan i-"

"Your just a liar Candice" Jordan yelled.

Miss Paracha made her way over to the three,

"Oi don't you talk to her like that eh?"

"It's alright it's alright i'll sort him" Mr Bell confirmed, making his way over.

"Oh you'll sort me will ya? yeah everyone it's alright! Mr Bell's here," Jordan announced sarcastically, "Oi you lot over there, yeah come to Ackley Bridge to get taught by this absolute hero Mr Bell" he called over to a family, coincidentally admiring his artwork.

"Oi haven't i done enough for you? don't show me up yeah" Mr Bell spoke, nerves laced in his voice.

"You mean don't show you up to your Mrs, everyone knows you broke up Sir"

Out of the corner of her eye, Lana spotted Cory walk in, she called him over, a disappointed look on her face.

"Jordan just stop" Lana insisted, placing a hand on his shoulder

"Get out of my sight" Mr Bell raged right in his face.

With that, Jordan pegged it, followed by Lana and Cory.

"Are you mad?" Cory shouted, catching up with Jordan, "after all the trouble you've caused here, do you know what Dad would do?"

"Yeah, he'd pick your side" Jordan snapped back at him.

"What side?" Cory scoffed.

"Cory don't" Lana insisted, knowing full well what was about to happen.

"What was all that with Candice in the canteen?"

"Just saying Jamie has nowt to do with me that's all"

"Yeah well she's a liar" Cory huffed a little quieter.

"Did you sleep with her?"

"W why, what did she say?"

"Cory, Candice said your Jamie's dad" Lana whispered.

A look of realisation took over his face, "Come on you two, let's go home."

"Well? did ya!" Jordan ordered, pulling Cory's arm back, "you knew i liked her" Jordan pleased as he realised it was Cory's baby.

Cory swung the corridor door open, storming away, Jordan's face screwing up in anger, but mostly sadness.

"Hey, come here" Lana sighed, pulling him into a hug that he surprisingly gave into almost instantly.

"I thought she liked me Lana" Jordan sobbed.

"Me too Jordan"