S3️⃣IN ANOTHER LIFE, MY FRIEND

I'D RECOMMEND LISTENING TO THE SONG WHILST YOU READ :((

Lana was sprawled out across the sofa, Cory sat at her feet on his phone. It was a regular occurrence, the two would spend hours together but would just sit on their phones and not actually speak to eachother. A weird thing but they enjoyed it.

A frantic knock at the door brought the two back into reality, sharing a confused look as they went to answer the door.

As soon as they opened it, Mrs Piracha burst in past them, like she had a million things to say but didn't know how too.

"Mrs Piracha, is everything alright?" Lana rushed, desperate for answer.

"It's Nasreen and Missy, they've been hit by a car."

Lana felt her heart physically drop.

"What"

"Come on quick, we've got to get to the hospital!" Mrs Piracha cried, ushering Lana to her car.

"But are they okay?" Lana stuttered.

Mrs Piracha said nothing, opening the car.

The entire car ride there was a whole blur for Lana. She sat in the passenger seat, staring out the window watching the world go by, Cory in the back.

As soon as they arrived, Lana and Kaneez went to Nas's bed, Cory waiting outside due to the limit of visitors policy.

Nasreen began to come round, Mrs Piracha in her face, talking to her and trying to get a response.

"Do you know what happened?" Mrs Piracha asked Nas carefully.

"Yeah erm it was the car, we were hit by the car" Nas spoke, looking around before sharing a small smile with Lana.

"Where's Missy?" Lana rushed as she realised she hadn't seen Missy yet, beginning to panic.

As if by magic, Missy came into Nas' hospital room, saying hi to Cory before coming in.

"Missy" Lana gasped, hugging the frail girl gently.

"Can ya bloody believe it?" Missy laughed, showing her arm, before turning to Nas in the bed who was practically covered in grazes.

"Can i just say, i know you've been unconscious but i definitely came off worse, not ONE broken wrist, oh no but TWO! how am i gonna do my makeup? clean my teeth? wipe my bum? your gonna have to wipe my bum Mrs Piracha."

"I'm going no where near your bum."

Lana was sobbing at this point. It had all happened so fast but she was just so relieved that both the girls were okay. She didn't know how she could live without them.

Nasreen and Missy had come home the next day. Lana had left the two girls too it for that day so they could spend time with their family and get better, she planned to go and visit them after school.

Mrs Carter had announced a random assembly that morning.

"I wonder what is so fucking important that we have to get dragged into assembly first thing on a Monday morning" Lana huffed, dropping her head on Riz's shoulder.

"Trust me, it's freezing in 'ere" Riz laughed.

The two were interrupted by Mrs Carter shutting the hall door, walking down the aisle towards the stage.

Although Lana noticed she looked really, really serious. Something wasn't right.

The noise in the room died down as she got to the front.