WE CAN MAKE THIS BETTER

It sounded more like a car crash than an actual piece of music.

"This is abysmal" Riz whispered helplessly at the band performing onstage.

"That it is" Lana smiled back, feeling sympathy for the band, by the looks on the audiences faces, they weren't enjoying it either.

Cory and Jordan had left after their argument, leaving Lana alone with Riz in the hall.

As the band finished up, a forced applause sounded, which ended pretty quickly.

"Right, so that's just a sample of the opportunities here at this school, and now for an insiders view of life at Ackley Bridge, i'd like to pass you over to our sponsors daughter, Alya Nawaz" Miss Carter announced.

Lana noticed Riz looked slightly nervous, he was biting down hard on his bottom lip and his knee was shaking.

"Everything alright, Riz?" she asked curiously, placing a hand on his knee.

"Yeah, don't worry about it"

Alya introduced herself and had began on what it was all about, integration friendship blah blah blah.

"- we were meant to integrate," Alya stuttered, before making direct eye contact with Riz, "we were meant to be friends, we were meant to be a success story."

Riz and Alya kept eye contact, just before Lana spoke up again, Alya continued,

"but we're not, the only thing that has been successful has been my dad,"Alya paused, "my dad screwing the headmistress! that's the only integration going on here." With that Alya dropped her notes and pretty much legged it.

"Fuck sake" Riz muttered before getting out his seat and following Alya.

"I've decided"

"You've decided?"

"I'm running away" Jordan smirked triumphantly, as if he'd really done something.

"Jordan what the fuck do you mean your running away?" Lana laughed, looking up from her phone.

"Yep, and i'm taking Chloe with me" Jordan smiled before getting up and heading to the door.

"Over my dead body" Lana yelled as she grabbed his arm tightly.

"What you gonna do? you gonna stop me Lana," Jordan teased, "I would actually love to see what you'd do."

" Do. not. leave."

"Why not? why should i stay here in this shithole? the schools a pisstake, the people are stupid, i hate it, i fucking hate you Ackley Bridge!" He yelled the last part, sticking his head out the front door.

"So where do you plan on going?" Lana muttered sarcastically, crossing her arms.

"Anywhere away from here, don't start acting like you care Lana" and with that, he walked off.

Lana felt completely stuck. On on hand she felt the need to tell Kevin where Jordan was and what he was doing, on the other hand, she knew if she did tell him, it probably wouldn't end well for Jordan. She had been over the same piece of history homework for 2 hours and it was now 19:30 in the evening.

Lana felt hurt that Jordan felt the way he did, she would do anything for that boy to feel happy and good about himself, he just always refused the help.

She was pulled from her thoughts by a quiet knock at the door.

"It's me, Cory"

"It's your room Cory you can come in" Lana laughed.

Although she instantly regretted laughing, as he had a look of nervousness about him, something she'd never seen before.

"Cory?"

"I need to go and see Jamie, and i want you to come with me, i need you to come with me."

Lana instantly engulfed Cory in a big hug, holding him tightly.

"So is it true" Lana whispered

"Yeah, i'm Jamie's dad, and i want to make this better but i can't" Cory's voice cracked.

"Hey we can make this all better, Cory, i swear"

"Let's go."

                                               ❥

Lana could tell in Cory's face he didn't want to knock. It wasn't like Jordan who wanted to see Jamie and have a relationship with him, but not with Candice. Cory was genuinely scared of being a dad.

"It's okay Cory" Lana smiled, placing a hand on his shoulder. Cory placed 3 loud knocks on Candice's door.

Cory instantly turned back around to head away from the door, but before he could Lana gripped his arm and span him back around, not a single word leaving eachothers mouths.

Cory was instantly faced with a confused Candice, and an innocent looking Jamie in her arms. Cory looked at Jamie like he was inhuman, like he was something he had never seen before. Like he was still comprehending the fact that Jamie was in fact his baby.

"Alright?" Candice nodded, getting slightly defensive of Jamie.

Cory struggled to find any words, he opened his mouth but no words came out, he simply stuck out his arms, gesturing to Jamie.

Candice reluctantly handed Jamie over, before turning to Lana, giving her a sour look.

As he took the baby in his arms, Cory's face instantly relaxed. The two girls could tell he was melting on the inside as much as he tried to show he wasn't- a bit like how Jordan was.

Just as Lana reached out to touch Jamie, Candice spoke up,

"Your always around"

"Sorry?" the girl scoffed quietly.

"You are always around, always with Cory, always with Jordan" Candice spoke harshly.

Lana wanted to get mad back at the girl but seeing as Jamie was right there, she knew better,

"I'd suggest not getting so angry around your kid, you know your in this for the long run, so i'd learn not to pick fights at every given moment, it's not very parently of you."

Candice said nothing, she took Jamie off Cory and slammed the door in the pairs face.

"I'm sorry" Cory muttered

"Cory you have nothing to apologise for," Lana laughed.