chapter 50 - lovesick

(I can't believe I've already written 50 chapters wtf. Anyways, happy reading ❤️)

10 Hours Away | Harry Styles AU

chapter 50 - lovesick

As fireworks exploded beautifully into the dark air and I heard people coming downstairs to watch all of it, I conflictingly stared into Harry's evergreen eyes.

Everyone who used to be upstairs, passed us by in a rush while we didn't move at all. But then he inched forward and I was afraid of what could happen next. Especially after he told me he loved; something I hadn't seen coming. But there was no way I could properly respond to his words because someone showed up next to us, completely unannounced. Someone I had talked to earlier this evening.

"What are you doing here, Harry?" Dylan asked and his forehead creased. His voice was low and he seemed angry at his best friend for being present.

"Dylan." his facial expression gave me the confirmation he felt caught. "I can explain."

"Can you?" Dylan questioned him skeptically and he gradually stepped in front of me, so I moved away and began to sway on my feet whilst feeling wholly uncomfortable.

"I had to see her, you know that, Dylan." Harry expressed softly but loud enough for me to hear. "What was I supposed to do? Stay at home the entire night and regret not showing up?" he said.

"Yes, you were. You were supposed to do that because you promised me, Harry."

"What is going on here?" I turned around when I heard Isaac joining us.

"Nothing." Harry clarified.

Damnit, I cursed to myself. Why did they all make a sudden appearance?

"Really? It doesn't seem that way." Isaac voiced and joined our little get-together on the ground floor. "I think it's best if you go home, Harry." he added, calmly – for now.

"I think so, too." Dylan stated firmly.

"You guys want me gone, don't you?"

"We don't want to cause a scene, Harry." Dylan seriously warned him. "Go home." he said demandingly while slowly closing the gap between him and his best friend.

"Maybe we should ask Liz what she wants." Harry conveyed strongly, causing all of them to stay mute. Then they simultaneously turned around and stared at me with pleading eyes; each with a different reason.

My eyes immediately locked with Harry's, as if this prodigious force was urging me to look him into the eyes as fast as I could – there and then I was afraid I would lose myself in their beauty. Mostly because I felt a substantial amount of pressure because I had to rule out what I wanted soon otherwise the chances of them getting into an argument were becoming bigger. And did I want to be involved in drama tonight? I didn't. I had wanted to spend this evening together with my friends, like we had planned. Did that mean I didn't want Harry around? It didn't. But I knew having him here was doing no one any good at this point.

"I.. Uhm..." I found it hard to speak up while having their eyes on me, so I looked down at my shoes and closed my eyes before finding the courage to respond. "In all honesty, I-I don't know what I want right now." I whispered anemically with sagged shoulders. "I-I need some space. Excuse me." without giving them a second glance, I reeled away.

"Liz, wait!" I heard Harry shout but him calling out for me only caused me to get away faster.

I ran to my apartment as I pressed my hand to my throat; the alcohol in my veins and the current situation made it nearly impossible to keep my true emotions to myself. In spite of what I was going through, the pool of tears stayed hidden when I was stopped in the middle of my track and saw two people feverishly making out against the brick wall of our hallway. Seeing what was going on in front of me was incredulous. Why did everything had to happen at this right moment?