chapter 36 - all night long

10 Hours Away | Harry Styles AU

chapter 36 - all night long

Asking someone to fall in love with you is far from an easy job. By doing so, I showed vulnerability. I never thought I was able to be so candid to a person, but I wanted Harry to be fully aware of my feelings towards him. Over time, I was growing more and more attached to him. I didn't mind knowing I was quickly developing feelings for him. I wanted him to be the one I would fall in love with. I could only hope he wanted to give in to his feelings and fall for me, too.

Unexpectedly confessing my need for him to fall in love with me didn't make him step away from me– from us. The look on his face was enough for me to know he was pleased with my words instead of scared. And I relaxed when he kissed me with heaps of emotions. I didn't know he could kiss me with more passion than before. But he was able to do so.

"You've got yourself a deal, Liz Miller." Harry said.

"It's nice doing business with you." I commented with a hint of pleasure in my voice.

After our talk on his balcony, we re-entered the apartment. Mia was currently winning from Dylan, which didn't come as a surprise; she had beat his ass multiple times weeks ago.

"You're good at this." Isaac said, sounding totally baffled by Mia.

"Wait until she has consumed more drinks." I joked.

"I'm not going to repeat that night. I'll gladly spare myself the excruciating hangover."

"Well, I'm sure Carter's in the mood to take your place." Harry said.

"Are you stupid? Dylan is going to beat my ass. I've only played beer pong once in my entire life. I'm destined to fail."

"Nah, don't be so dramatic, Carter." I responded to him, making my way to the kitchen to grab a drink for both Harry and me. "You've played a decent game against Mia and me once."

"Uh, that time you girls still won." he reminded me.

"That's true." I said, and smiled proudly.

"Does my girl have a hidden talent?" Harry asked, joining me in the kitchen. His arms wrapped around me as I poured the drinks in the red cups.

"It's not a talent." I replied. "I wish it was though."

"Do you want to play against me?" Harry asked.

"Are you challenging me?"

"Absolutely. I want to see if you've got the skills to crush me."

"Oh, definitely. Don't underestimate me, Harry."

"He's better than you think he is, Liz." Dylan warned me. "That man has a way of beating everyone's ass; including mine and Mia's."

"You're that good?" I asked, eyeing him up and down.

"Without a doubt." Harry said with a cocky-attitude. "Girls dig it."

"Really? Then I have to see your extraordinary talent in real life."

"Then today is your lucky day, babe."

"Oh, I'm sure it is." I replied, and we moved to the table after Mia and Dylan finished their game. I was ready to beat Harry and take the crown.

We stood opposite each other. The charming smirk on his face made me want to run up to him and crash my lips on his, but I had to keep myself steady and professional.

"You can still back out if you want to." Harry commented.

"I'm never backing out."

And we began to play.