chapter 52 - fresh start

10 Hours Away | Harry Styles AU

chapter 52 - fresh start

Waking up and seeing February had started was somehow unfathomable. The months were passing by quicker than I could've ever imagined. This, however, wasn't necessarily a bad thing because Logan and I were making formidable progress.

Finishing new drafts had become a simple task while the ideas kept flowing. For a long time, I hadn't been this satisfied and proud of my abilities as a fictional writer. Luckily times were changing and I was making miles.

"You should take a break."

"I'm on a roll, Logan." I protested when I looked up at him. He was standing next to my desk with his arms crossed against his chest. "You can't stop me now."

"At least take a five-minute break?" he somewhat begged.

I stopped typing to fully focus on him. "Did Mia tell you to give me more breaks?" I cocked my head to the right as I raised an eyebrow.

"She might have." he replied and smiled. "She also texted me saying she's waiting on you down the hall." Logan added as he waltzed to his spot.

"Since when have I turned into your assistant?"

"Since the moment you asked me to help you out with your book." he commented jokingly, then he sat down on his chair. "It's also a good reason to kick you out of my office for a while to make sure you go on a well-deserved lunch break."

"You really want me to get out of here, don't you?"

"I want what's best for you, Liz. And right now, that's a cup of coffee and a sandwich."

"All right, boss." I said and saved my latest draft before turning my laptop off. I grabbed my denim jacket and keys before I made my way to the exit of his office.

"Don't forget to finish chapter twelve on your typewriter tonight, Liz!"

"Noted!" I called and then left him alone.

Walking down the hall, I already saw Mia waiting on me. She looked lovely in her flared denim jeans and a knitted sweater.

"How did it go today?" Mia asked and she handed me the carton cup filled with coffee.

"Great, actually. I don't know why but every day it just gets easier and easier."

"That's because you have finally figured out what you're doing!" Mia said cheerfully and we began to walk out of the building.

"Yeah, that's true." I agreed as we caught the elevator in time.

"You're still not going to tell me what your book is about, aren't you?" she questioned me. For weeks she has been trying to get me to spill it but I wasn't about to give in. I always protected my work at all costs and that wasn't going to change right now.

"No, I am not." I let her know as a playful smile crossed my face while I pressed the correct button. "When it's published, you can read it." I told Mia.

Then she groaned out of frustration. "I don't have that much patience, Liz." she said.

"I'm well aware of that." I responded. "But for now I can't give you anything. Oh, and Logan isn't going to give you any copies of my drafts either."

"I know." she huffed when we stepped out of the elevator.

"How do you know?"

"Because I have already tried persuading him!" she admitted.