chapter 05 - sleepless nights

10 HOURS AWAY | Harry Styles AU

chapter 05 - sleepless nights

I heard the faucet drip as I lay in my bedroom, staring at the dusty chandelier hanging from the ceiling. I tried to focus, but it seemed as if everything was moving. The tequila had been a pain in the ass for the last couple of hours. I was afraid I might not make it to the bathroom in time.

After a point, I had lost track of time. The fact I made it home safely already surprised me.

I had no idea if Carter, Isaac or Mia came home with me. It felt like all the memories of tonight had disappeared once I started drinking too much. It was blurry and I couldn't make out what had happened at Tom's Pub.

Then I felt my stomach turn and I wrapped my arms around myself. Knowing I already felt incredibly miserable made the hangover even more brutal.

As much as I wanted to tell myself to never drink tequila again, I knew I wouldn't stick to that promise. Considering the others were massive fans of taking shots, there'd be plenty of shots ordered in the upcoming months.

My head began to pound like crazy and I cursed out of frustration. I was already feeling nauseous, I absolutely didn't want to have a headache too.

I sighed to myself – sounding defeated. If I was going to fight this hangover, I had to start by taking an Advil to make sure the headache would disappear. I struggled with getting out of my bed. The room was spinning and it wouldn't surprise me if I vomited within minutes.

Luckily, I steadied myself. My hand was pressed against the wall as I supported my body from falling down.

Before I walked over to the bathroom, I took a deep breath. To make sure I'd make it without losing my balance, I focused on the sink that was across from me. Thank God I had left the door open.

I switched the light on in the bathroom but it was way too intense, so I turned it off immediately. For a second I sealed my eyes and regretted it because it only made everything spin around me more. Note to self; never do that again.

In the dark I tried to find the pills that would relieve me from the pain. Thankfully, I had memorized where I kept the Advil therefore it wasn't a challenge to get them.

Once I realized I had to get myself a glass of water in the kitchen, I groaned internally. I just wanted to lay in bed, feel horrible, and sleep as much as I could. I bet the others felt like this when they left Tom's Pub the first time we went out.

I glanced at my hand to make sure I did bring the bottle of Advil with me. I counted till ten before I stepped outside of the bathroom and continued my adventure to the kitchen.

As soon as I stepped into the kitchen, I instantly backed away – which wasn't the best decision because my head immediately started pounding after the quick movement. But the headache slipped to the back of my mind when I registered what was in front of me. My heart was in my throat and my chest tightened with fear. I couldn't believe he was here – sitting in my messy kitchen.

"Hey." Harry said.

I just stared at him. I bet panic was written on my face.

"What are you doing here?!" I asked him, sounding more bitter than I intended to.

"I thought you would ask me that."

I observed Harry as he walked to the faucet to fill a glass of water. He came back and handed it to me. I thanked him softly before I swallowed the Advil quickly. Then I moved to the couch because I needed to sit down.