chapter 62 - run to you

10 Hours Away | Harry Styles AU

chapter 62 - run to you

Dylan's car was parked on the corner of the street. He had shut the engine off while he was waiting for me to get out.

"You'll be nearby if things go wrong, right?"

"Like I told you earlier, I'm not going anywhere."

"Okay, okay." I whispered, my voice shaken.

"Are you ready?" Dylan asked.

"Am I ever?" I questioned him apprehensively.

He then grabbed my hand and gave it a firm squeeze. "Talk to him. Tell him how you feel. I'm sure he will listen to each word you've got to say, Liz."

"All right." I mouthed as I pulled myself together and unlocked the door of the passenger seat. "Here we go, I guess."

"Text or call when you need me."

"I will." I swore.

Dylan gave me a quick nod and I used it as my cue to go. Letting the door fall shut behind me, I realized I was really doing this. There was no way out anymore because I had already gotten out of Dylan's car.

Taking a deep breath, I started walking towards the gym. Dylan had shown me where it was located because he didn't want to park in front of it. Harry would recognize his car in a second, so I had to walk five minutes in order to make it.

Those five minutes felt like an hour. As I was making my way to where Harry was working out, I thought of the perfect way to start the conversation. However, as Dylan had told me, there wasn't a right way to bring something like this up. I just had to silently pray it would all be fine in the end.

I stopped at one of the benches which were located near the entrance. Sitting down, I obviously looked around myself more often than necessary. I didn't want to accidentally miss him making his way around this place.

While I waited, I had no idea how long it'd take before Harry would show up. Dylan mentioned he had gone to the gym around an hour and a half ago, so Harry should be done by now.

It was pathetic how many times I shot a glance at my phone, to see how much time had passed by already. Unfortunately, the numbers changed at a very slow pace, indicating there was still a long way to go before I could say he had already gone home.

Whenever I saw the door of the entrance slide open, my body froze. Somehow, everybody almost looked like Harry therefore everyone gave me a short heart attack. This resulted in me becoming terribly nervous.

Eventually, after waiting for fifteen minutes, he was there; Harry walked out.

I had never seen him like this, after a workout. Still, he looked incredibly handsome, making it a big challenge to keep my eyes off of him.

His brown hair was pushed back showing me he had taken a shower, both a wet towel and a navy blue bag were in his left hand, and his phone in his right; rapidly moving his fingers across the screen whilst a stone-cold expression captured his face.

But as he moved, he came closer to me. That's when I knew there was no way out; I had to talk to him about Ruby and us. The moment those thoughts crept into my head, I knew I couldn't do it. I panicked. I freaked out. So I felt my body heat up.

As my heartbeat quickened, and my desire to flee grew more and more, I stepped backward. At one point, I noticed how every step was being made faster than the one before.