chapter 65 - grown

10 Hours Away | Harry Styles AU

chapter 65 - grown

A/N: Please vote before you read, it helps me a lot ❤️

This was the first time in months I had woken up without having to endure misery. I rolled on my back, opened my eyes, and thought about yesterday. Not only had it been magical to be with Harry, but I could finally kiss him and look forward to the next time I'd see him again.

Getting out of bed had become easier, too. I didn't twist and turn for another twenty minutes before I had finally convinced myself to get out. No. I woke up and got up without a second thought.

Once I had taken a shower, finished my make-up, and had gotten dressed, I was preparing my breakfast.

I glanced at my watch to see if I was still on schedule because Logan wanted to meet up at his office. His office had turned into our office overtime, seeing we were mostly in there together. Not only was it fun to be with Logan, it was also a great way to get immediate feedback instead of having to email him and wait on a reply for days.

Walking to the building of the program, I received a text message.

Dylan: Harry told me the good news this morning

Dylan: I am happy for you guys :)

Smiling at my phone, I was overjoyed to read Dylan's message. He had been there for me, through thick and thin.

Liz: thank you ❤️

Setting foot in our office, Logan greeted me. But when I greeted him back, he instantly raised an eyebrow at me.

"You're unusually happy today." he said.

"Am I?" I asked.

"You have got this massive smile on your face." Logan pointed out. "What happened to you?"

"Nothing big." I stated. "I'm just having a good day."

"I don't believe you, Liz. No one is this happy in the morning without a reason." Logan claimed, but he didn't question me about it after that. Instead, Logan showed me a yellow binder, which had a pile of papers in it

"What's that?" I wondered as I turned my laptop on.

"Your editor has sent me the first part of your story." Logan said. "Come and get it."

Walking over to him while excitement rushing through me, I took the binder. "She has finished part one already?" I questioned and Logan nodded in confirmation. "That's unbelievably fast."

"She must be. There's a strict deadline." He made known. Logan typed on his laptop before he continued talking to me. "Are parts three and four coming together nicely?"

"I'm almost done with part three." I told him. "I only need to add more dialogues and then I can start on part four."

"Don't forget you have to go through your editor's changes this week. She wants to hear from you as soon as possible."

"What's her name actually?" I questioned.

"Sasha Jameson." Logan said. "She's been editing for a few years now, which she's been doing flawlessly. I think your book is in safe hands."

"Well, I'll go through her suggestions and email her when I am done." I assured Logan.

Of course, Logan wanted me to go over the possible adjustments sooner rather than later, but I was truly swamped in my own work. That's when I realized, I would be very busy that week. Nonetheless, I hadn't expected a lot of free time in the first place. Not when the deadlines were approaching and a debut novel needed to be published.