chapter 15 - where do we go

10 HOURS AWAY | Harry Styles Au

chapter 15 - where do we go

Around 8 am, I woke up. Cautiously, I observed the guy who was still lying next to me. He seemed so soft while he was lost in his dreams. This was the very first time I could look at him for as long as I wanted to. Being so close to his face made me want to kiss him again and relive the phenomenal feeling he gave me that one night.

Of course I was reminded of his confession from last night, but it made my stomach turn as well. Despite it being pleasing to hear he didn't regret anything, it alarmed me he was dating another girl – the brunette.

She could get as many kisses as she desperately craved, all the warm hugs she needed, and a handsome guy by her side. I, on the other hand, was given nothing more than the worst aftermath; feeling happy while being a second choice.

Even though I could look at him for hours, there was no reason for me to be here any longer. Calmly, I removed the sheets from my body and changed into my own clothes. When I stepped into my shoes, I glanced over my shoulder to see if his evergreen eyes were still closed.

Then I looked around myself, as if I wanted to be a hundredth percent sure there was no one else near us. It was wholly impossible to have someone lurking in the corner of his bedroom, but I couldn't afford to risk it.

I surprised myself when I leaned closer to his face and gently pressed my lips against his forehead.

"Bye." I whispered as agony streamed through my body.

I didn't expect to feel so much when I stood up and left him behind.

Getting Mia into the Uber was easier said than done. I think she was still a bit drunk while fighting an immense headache, therefore it hard to get her to listen to me. Luckily, once she was buckled up, we were ready to go.

The drive seemed longer than I remembered. Perhaps there was a part of me that didn't want to go yet, but it was better to listen to my brain than my heart.

I didn't know how, but I managed to get Mia inside of her apartment on my own. She went straight to her bedroom to lay down, so I followed her to make sure her curtains were closed. Her atrocious headache made the bright daylight unbearable. For now, it felt good to be back home and not be surrounded by a crowd.

I sat behind the dining table with my laptop in front of me. Tomorrow I'd go back to Logan Hill and join the small group he was currently helping out. I felt jittery because I didn't know if I would feel comfortable to share both my experience and my stories. In situations like these, it was seldom easy to be vulnerable.

To keep my mind off everything, I opened a new document. I stared at the empty pages for a couple of minutes before I decided to write. What I was putting onto paper wasn't good enough to share with the rest of the world, but it was all right for now.

Hours passed by and multiple pages were covered in words. I shot a glance at the screen of my phone to see what time it was. My stomach started to make noises when I saw it was almost 2 pm and I hadn't had breakfast yet.

I got up, so I could open the refrigerator and grab almond milk to pour on my favorite cereal. With the bowl in my hands, I sat down on the windowsill. I listened to the male voice on the radio; he talked about current affairs and what the weather was going to be like later tonight. Then I frowned when a familiar car parked in front of the entranceway. Automatically, my body stiffened when I saw Harry stepping out of the car and walking towards the door of the building I live in.