chapter 56 - valentine's day

10 Hours Away | Harry Styles AU

chapter 56 - valentine's day

Once we arrived at the location of our double-date, the neon lights caught my attention. I had never been to an arcade, let alone see an entire line of people waiting to get in.

"I guess more people are spending their Valentine's Day here." I stated. Plenty of people of our age were eager to go inside. Eyeing the crowd, Mia paid for the drive to the arcade.

"Wait till you're inside. It's so much fun!" Mia cheered.

Looking around myself to catch a glimpse of Logan, I couldn't find him. "Where are Logan and my ... date?" I asked. It felt weird to say it out loud.

"He just texted me saying they are inside." Mia said whilst she stared at the bright screen of her phone. Then she quickly locked it and grabbed me by the hand. "Let's get in line so we can join the guys and get this double-date started!"

We joined those who had been waiting longer than us. Mia and I were standing side-by-side as she turned to me. "Are you nervous, Liz?"

"Yes and no." I proclaimed vaguely. "I've never been on a double-date, let alone a blind date."

"I can promise you, you won't be disappointed."

"Are you sure you can't show me a picture of him? I'm really curious."

"No, Liz! It's called a blind date for a reason." Mia noted.

"Ugh, I know, but I don't like the waiting part. This line isn't helping either." I commented. I didn't want to be stuck outside for a long time. I wanted to enjoy myself inside and experience what it was like to be at an arcade.

Mia linked her arm with mine. "I'm glad you wanted to join us." she uttered.

"It's better than being alone at home."

"Exactly!" she agreed cheerfully. "Also, it shows you've moved on from Harry, too."

Oh, if she only knew.

"Baby steps." I reminded her.

"I know, I know. Take your time, Liz. That's okay." Mia assured forthwith.

I wish getting over someone was so simple. How did people do this? I wish I had been given several tips and tricks instead of being thrown into the darkness.

But this blind date could be the first step of my recovery. Perhaps I was going to have a lot of fun and be able to come in contact with this exciting city in a brand new way. And, since I trusted Mia wholeheartedly, I knew she didn't set me up with someone who wasn't my type just to mess around. Mia had my best interests at heart. Undoubtedly.

The moment we set foot inside this place, I realized it was much bigger inside than it looked from the outside. The arcade was undeniably enormous. Thankfully, it didn't take long before we saw the guys. Well, we spotted Logan first and then were met with his friend.

My eyes found him and he was all smiles.

This guy's sympathetic but handsome smile was infectious, hence why I grinned from ear to ear. And, truthfully, I didn't think our first encounter would be like this. I had been quite skeptical about this double-date, but perchance I had been too doubtful beforehand because his appearance was anything but a letdown.

"Liz, this is Thomas. Thomas, this is Liz." Logan introduced his friend kindly, and I was happy to know his first name.

Staring into his eyes, they were abnormally prepossessing. The dark brown irises carried a warmth, which made me feel calm.