Chapter Two.

Wither Wonderland

Wither Wonderland

"How are they?" the goddess spoke. The old woman transformed into a beautiful woman in her 30s. Her dark brown hair flowed down her waist; she wore a crimson knee-high, backless dress and red pumps. From lips to toes, she bathed in red - her signature color. She drummed her fingers on the window sill as she overlooked the garden of the hanok.

"They're trying to find the culprit of their missing flower," the Seraphim replied. "After you brought the human to their domain, they seemed outraged."

Taehee leaned against the wall where the goddess adored the pond. When Yoomi pleaded the heavens after an inexplicable car accident, the seraphim rescued her. She brought her to the hanok village where she gave birth to her daughter: Yuna.

Taehee took care of the mortals. The samshin (goddess) decided not to meddle with a mortal's life yet she took the risk. She believed that Yuna can save the seven divine sinners by trying her fate to the guardians.

"How will she save them?"

She hummed.

How will she really save them?

She let the query linger for a moment. The goddess glanced back at the angel then smiled. Her feet scuffed against the wooden planks before she sat on an unoccupied seat.

The Magic Shop was said to cure both humans and lost souls heading to the afterlife. Humans visited the shop to buy therapeutic antique items. Some humans in the olden times believed that the owner of the shop sell items with good fortune.

Every night, the antique shop transforms into an inn. The shop acts as a facade of the realm behind it. The Magic Shop is like the portal to Wonderland.

But that was centuries ago. The shop closed for more than a decade now - now that the 21st century marked the era of technological innovation.

Needless to say, the Magic Shop is just an imaginary place in the mortal world. It's not accessible to humans for now. Only the souls can enter it.

To simply put it, Wonderland is a realm for all unknowns and young souls. It's a magical place for spirits. It's like a purgatory for children. Magic Shop, on the other hand, is a place for all souls heading straight to the gates of heaven. It acts like a guesthouse or a bridge to heaven. The souls stay there to accomplish their final mission in the mortal world.