Chapter Twenty-Seven

Telltales of a Cheshire Cat

"Tell me everything you know."

Jungkook said bluntly as he sat on the bench of the hanok. He curved his back and lowered his head to look at the feline on the floor. The Cheshire cat glanced back at the human with a sigh. Yoongi refused to answer at first but if this is what the grim reaper wants, then he has to disobey the deities to avoid any conflicts with the other guardians' intentions. Truth is, he doesn't want to tell him anything about the human's fate until the month of dispersion. By the time May arrives, Yuna will remember everything. She will receive the last postcard of the fate deity to visit the Magic Shop.

"She's the flower thief," he looked at the man sitting across from him. "The fate deity charmed her years ago. She created a portal pond towards Wonderland. Yuna followed her will-o-wisp to steal the heart of the moon tree where the flower's soul transmigrated to hers. The deities told me to erase her memories once she comes back and encounters a guardian."

Yoongi looked down.

"I couldn't tell you that yet because I was tasked to keep it to myself. I can't disobey the deities because I'm cursed to be their familiar. But given that many conflicts have arisen, I have no choice now."

Jungkook pinched the bridge of his nose frustratingly, "You had to tell me that when a lot of things have happened to her."

"I understand why you're angry and believe me, I do want to tell you everything if it wasn't with their punishment. Even if I apologize right now, it wouldn't change what happened and I truly know that. I just hope nothing will change between us. Whatever the case may be, you will still listen to me just like what you're doing now-even if you see me as your rival or your enemy."

Jungkook leaned back and looked up at the ceiling with a blank expression. He had to process everything first before he ask another question.

Silence reigned for a moment. Only the gush of the wind outside was heard. Yoongi waited for the grim reaper to break the still air and speak again.

"Namjoon's right. She was charmed by a transmigration spell. That's why her soul radiance is different."

Yoongi nodded, "However since she has the oblivion curse, she's under a coma-trance too."

"What?"

"According to the deities, the coma-trance is a long slumber that allows the soul to recuperate from a terrible curse. If the Smeraldo flower wasn't merged with her, she'll die. The flower prolongs her healing period by refreshing her soul's memories. She'll remember not only her present memories but also her past. This includes her previous lives."

Jungkook straightened his posture and widened his eyes, "Does that mean-"

"Yes."

"I wasn't even finished yet." Jungkook scoffed.