Chapter Seven.

∞

Potpourri

Potpourri
- we sell blooms, sweets, and stationery to honor the monthly occasions of the year. If you want to order a package, visit our shop or call us at xxx-xxxx-xxx. Thank you very much!

"What's that?"

The grim reaper glanced at the fallen angel with an obvious look on his face. Jungkook settled the box of blooms and cards on their coffee table. Seokjin sat beside the guardian, cooing, "Ooh, Jungkook's got a date," he wiggled his eyebrows and nudged the younger teasingly.

The grim reaper stared daggers at the eldest, uninterested.

Since the other guardians were patrolling in the mortal world, Jungkook and Seokjin decided to stay in Wonderland. Jungkook had to observe the flower shop in Busan while Seokjin stayed in the kingdom instead.

"I don't get why humans are all hyped about this. There's really nothing special about it," the grim reaper scoffed at the term love, merely because it reminded him of the flower deity. Jungkook untied the ribbons of the box and settled the paper wrappers in a paper bag.

Seokjin glanced at the sticker affixed between the handleholes of the paper bag, displaying the name and description of the flower shop. After a brief read, he inquired once more about Jungkook's whereabouts.

"The oracle forced me to patrol that flower shop even if it was against my will," he spat bitterly at the thought of witnessing those confectionaries again.

"It reeked like shit as if that old hag bathed in their shop."

"It's fucking gross," Jungkook scorned, snatching the cards from the box of fresh flowers harshly. He opened the card and saw an inspirational quote—a passage likely copied and pasted online.

The fallen angel started laughing again beside him. He imagined the guardian's face when he saw the delicacies when he entered the flower shop. Jungkook had to summon the blue flames in his body to show his annoyance at the eldest. 

There were approximately three cards with printed quotes and a money envelope in the box. Jungkook threw the cards across the table. He leaned his back against the sofa and grumbled curses under his breath.

"I saw that human again but she didn't have that special glow," he continued. "I had to leave because you called me."

"Ah, about that," Seokjin cleared his throat. "Jimin said he visited the Wonder Free Forest to see if Yoongi was doing fine. But he wasn't there."

"Yeah, and? It's not like he rarely leaves his place. He's been like that since then. He just disappears magically." Seokjin huffed frustratingly, "Listen. The arboretum is also empty. Jimin said he wasn't there. He's not in the forest or his shrine. He's gone missing."