Chapter Four.

Memories of a Memorist

Earlier that night...

A clear wine glass was gently placed on the wooden table followed by a plate of chiffon. Five men surrounded the furniture with an indescribable expression. They've been conversing since morning to talk about their plan in restoring their missing flower.

The warmth collided with their bodies as if they were humans. A fireplace stood behind the settee, creating crackling pieces of wood and coal. Only the sound of the wine glass resonated in the room after the unspeakable truth. The silence still lingered in their atmosphere. The stillness of air prolonged as if it's the only answer to their question.

Years after the disappearance of the Smeraldo flower, the winter season never stopped in Wonderland. The ghost children stayed in the realm despite the chilly weather. Sadly, if they are not given a proper place to stay, they'll become vengeful spirits.

The flower is the heart of the moon tree. It is the life force of the tree. The moon tree is the heart of Wonderland, the life force of the guardians and the spirits. Without the flower, the spirits become unstable.

"I already told you. I've searched every church and shrines but she's not there," Namjoon quaffed the rose wine then licked his lips. He settled the glass against the culaccino softly, leaning his back against the couch.

Seokjin swirled his wine glass, grumbling an insulting remark, "That only meant one thing. You didn't do your best."

"Coming from the wingless angel himself. I don't see any difference," Namjoon rolled his eyes, "All because of that heavenly position. You didn't do your best and now look at you?"

He chuckled.

"Because of envy, you lost your 'beautiful' wings."

Seokjin's jaw tensed. He was about to say something to the oracle when the door burst open.

The cold wind gushed inside, almost dissipating the flames from their heat source. A slim, well-dressed man approached the five males. The Grim Reaper slammed the door with his feet before laying a bottle of wine on the table. His shoes crunched over the wooden planks of their cabin. Jungkook slouched on the vacant seat and then fiddled with his black bucket hat.

"I found her sister."

Everyone looked at him when they heard his blunt message. Jungkook poured himself a rose wine and then crossed his leg over the other. He swirled the wine glass before sipping his warm beverage.

"She was at the flower shop for a basket of lilies," Jungkook shrugged, "Probably for the dead." he sneered, causing a short tss sound from his lips. It seemed like they have this love-and-hate relationship with the deities.