Chapter Fifteen.

Stuck With You

Stuck With You

"What?" 

Cherry blossom petals danced around you, caressed by the cool breeze brushing against your cheeks. Time resumed its steady march, with people in the bustling alleyway going about their business.

"What?!" you screamed at the top of your lungs, earning some concerned looks who passed by. You stomped your foot like a child and snatched all your belongings on the floor. You purposely let them go because of fear and anxiety, and now you have to gather all the flowers that are scattered on the ground. 

Because of that one perverted stalker, you missed a few calls and messages from your mother.

Plus a lot from Jiwoo. You almost forgot about the meeting you have to attend later! 

"A grim reaper, you say? More like an incubus," you kicked a pebble out of nowhere, grunting at the thought of his unwanted touching. Not to mention, he kissed you. 

Is he out of his mind?

Grim reaper, my ass.

You let out a deep breath, adjusting the strap of your bag on your shoulder as you exited the alleyway with purposeful strides. With the bags of flowers in your arms, you furiously tapped away on your phone, determined to make a decision.

Why did he do that?

———

Loud snickers and laughs filled Jungkook's morning. He teleported back to Wonderland to tell Yoongi the trouble he caused for him, only to find the cat missing again. 

Yoongi's a guardian too why would he force the Grim Reaper to mark her? 

Hoseok cackled again, his cheerful yet throaty voice filling Jungkook's ears. 

"This is all your fault!" Jungkook pointed at Namjoon who quietly read on the couch. 

"You could've explained why you need to seal a contract. Don't blame me, Jungkook," Namjoon spoke monotonically. 

"Clearly, I'm the victim here. You always bossed around to make us feel inferior."

Namjoon chuckled dryly, flipping some pages of his book. 

"You feel as if you're the head of everything—the leader of us all when we can clearly see Yoongi is doing better than you."

Suddenly, it was Namjoon's fault when Yoongi tasked Jungkook to seal a contract with a mortal. When Yoongi inquired about this mission, Namjoon swiftly considered Jungkook for the job, primarily because he frequently ventured into the mortal realm. Yoongi's decision to select Jungkook over the other guardians stemmed from the fact that Jungkook had encountered the human before the other guardians had the chance to do so. Simultaneously, Yoongi's own curse prevented him from personally meeting the human, which led him to entrust the mission to the Grim Reaper.