Prologue.

Prologue

Illusions. She feared her life is just a figment of her imagination.

Everything seemed unusual to this day. Her mother started catching colds in the summer. Winter spared the month of blooms in sporadic frosty weather. Sometimes a blizzard comes showing in the city to force the citizens for a deep slumber.

"It's still snowing..." the mortal looked by the window pane, watching the flakes gracefully dance in the wind. She furrowed her brows, exhaling a warm breath before glancing back at her mother with a frown.

Her mother quietly snored on her rocking chair with an unfinished knitted clothing on her lap.

The florist looked at the cat on the window sill and tilted her head. The cat did the same thing while meowing in a questioning tone.

Yuna sighed, petting the cat by the window.

The cat meowed.

"Listen to me."

Yuna withdrew her hand quickly.

"Woah, woah, woah." she stepped back, "Did...did you just talk?"

The cat moved on all fours. Instead of a sillhouette of a feline, the shadow of the cat showed a figure of a man.

"You have a flower trapped inside you."

"What...?"

The cat spoke once again, pointing at her wrist.

"A human with the tears of the Smeraldo is bound to the moon tree."

Yuna furrowed her brows then gazed down her left wrist. Yuna rubbed her eyes, looking at the cat in disbelief.

"When you wake up, you'll receive an invitation. It'll bring you to a place where you can collect the pieces of your past."

Yuna blinked, "Uh...what now?"

Her feline companion transformed into his human form. A purple will-o-the-wisp moved around him. The talking cat had a body of its own. Yuna saw a man towering over her. The man smiled, startling her by surprise.

His cat eyes smiled at the female's bedazzled expression.

Suddenly, his eye smile faltered by the time he contorted his face in pain.

He croaked, "Once you remember how you were brought to this realm, you have to find me."

Yoongi scrunched his face in pain. He placed a hand on his chest to put pressure on it.

Yuna looked at him confusingly, "Find you?"

Yoongi hissed in pain. He held his chest then sighed.

"The arboretum. Bring me the basket of tangerines then I'll... I'll bring you to Wonderland."

With a weak snap of his fingers, Yoongi disappeared. Yuna found herself by the windowpane in an uncomfortable position. It only meant one thing: she's back in reality.

Yuna opened her phone and checked the time and the weather outside. It still snowed in the month of April. For some reason, she found herself typing 'arboretum' once she remembered her dream.

There are a couple of arboretums she already visited before. One was the Namsan Botanical garden. The thing is, the cat didn't specify which garden it was. Why did she even bother searching it in the first place if it was all just a dream?

"Ha! I'm definitely going crazy. First, a grim reaper and now a talking cat?"

But her actions contradicted her words. Whatever made her do this was because of sympathy. Her dream seemed...uncanny and cryptic but she believed him nonetheless.

"Wonderland...Why would a cat bring me to Wonderland."

Just a short overview of the plot hehe.

©️ capuzzino