Chapter Twenty-Six

Coma-Trance

Coma-Trance

"A shadow?"

Jimin and Taehyung nodded.

"Then why didn't you stop it?" Seokjin interrupted.

After the oracle received a call from the goblin, the wingless angel and the former moon rabbit persuaded the sandman of the red kingdom to gather at the Magic Shop's lobby in the mortal realm. The six of them occupied the spacious interior to discuss the matters they need to resolve.

"We were unsure at first because we might have mistaken it as someone else." Jimin continued, "I was busy welcoming the guests to know it fully. Taeh already left the tea house to guard the shop instead when suddenly—"

"—An ambulance came to take her mother to the hospital," Taehyung interrupted abruptly.

"So you just watched her?" Hoseok sat on the sofa of the Magic Shop's lounge between Namjoon and Jungkook. He crossed his arms over the other and rolled his eyes frustratingly. He should have been in his kingdom doing his chores when the White King and the Reaper called him for an unexpected mission. It seems like the dream guardian is starting to feel impatient with all the heavy workloads.

"Yes. We did," Taehyung blurted. "But, I don't think it's necessary to interfere with her fate just yet." he shrugged.

Jimin agreed as he sat on the sofa near the center table. "Plus, if the shadow wasn't Yeomra's, then why was there a mishap?"

"That's true." Taehyung sat between Jimin and Seokjin before leaning on his back and fiddling with the emerald ring on his pointer finger. "If it didn't radiate intense negative energy, I wouldn't say it was his shadow. But it did."

"Bottom line is, you assumed it was his," Namjoon mused, "Which I think is hypothetically correct, considering that it might have brought an ill-fated omen. Is there anything we need to hear before we leave?"

Jimin hummed, "A woman accompanied her to the hospital. Probably a witness."

"Or someone Yuna knows," everyone looked at the guardian who was silent the whole time. Jungkook exchanged glances with the five of them quizzically. He cleared his throat and then uttered another word that is enough to support the goblin's speculation.

"One of her friends could be the witness," Jungkook added, "If we want more answers, we should interrogate them."

Namjoon snapped his fingers, "Alright. We can assign an appropriate task for each of us. Someone who can interrogate the witness and track down Yeomra."

"Wait, you forgot something." Namjoon glanced at Jimin.

"Should we also look for Yuna?"

Hoseok laughed. "Didn't you hear? That seraph brought her to God knows where."