Chapter Twenty-Four.

Ephemeral

Ephemeral

Fear.

"You don't remember me?"

Confusion.

"But you remember who you are...?"

Anger.

"Did Yeomra do this to you?"

Jungkook's questions empowered his whole mind, consumed by the need to piece together the puzzle when Yuna closed her eyes and firmly held the bottle with both hands.

Her actions spoke volumes; she wasn't merely feigning ignorance after shattering the champagne bottle. Pretending seemed implausible given the circumstances. Jungkook observed Yuna's genuine fear and protectiveness, which offered partial clarity to his query.

Yuna's hands shook as the migraine persisted, blurring her vision with dark spots. The headache weakened her legs, but she battled the discomfort by closing her eyes and taking deep breaths.

"Jeon Jungkook, that's my name."

Instead of glancing back at him despite craving his touch, Yuna held her head down and bit her tongue to stop herself from crying.

Why is she suddenly feeling attached to him?

A wave of infliction enveloped her heart. Her chest felt heavy; her head throbbed. She inhaled and exhaled softly, shutting, and opening her eyes again. She had no idea what he did that made her vision blur and her body elicit an electrifying feeling.

Maybe because fear controlled her this time or because those words held a strange emotion to her that she wanted to leave the place.

All she wanted was comfort and warmth from the people she knew. She needed camaraderie, not insecurity.

She wanted to go home.

The grim reaper started leaning to her weight and placing his palm against the wall, just above her height. Jungkook exhaled a breath, his lips just above her ears.

"You don't remember me?"

Yuna saw his fingers graze the tip of the shards. He tapped the glass while interrogating her as if to prove that her weapon never intimidated him in the first place.

"But you remember who you are?"

Yuna's eyes widened. The moment Jungkook held the shards, the broken glass burned into blue flames.

A gasp and a yelp caused her to release her grip on the blazing bottle. Jungkook quickly grabbed her wrist to make her look up, startling her with the sudden contact.

"Did Yeomra do this to you?"

Yuna's eyes watered at his tight grip on her. She shook her head and mumbled an uncertain response.