Chapter Twenty-Three.

Forgotten

Forgotten

Flesh as fresh as the blood trickling down on both limbs. Arms and legs were sprawled on the ground to signify death's early arrival. The mortal's exposed torso was cut open, some of its organs sprawled outside the human's poor body. From a faraway, the grim reaper could smell the pongy odor of a dead mortal.

Jungkook shuffled on his deck of cards while scuffing near the mortal's lifeless state. Not even a hitch of breath was heard from the man who's helplessly lying on the floor.

It wasn't some kind of a murder case. It looked like a wild animal was hunting for its prey. Undoubtedly, the man was the animal's target which caused such a disturbing mess in the forest.

Jungkook scrunched his forehead and mentally belched at the disgusting graphics. With a few more contemplations, the grim reaper held his hand up high and waited for the clear smoke to dissipate. The soul flew upwards and disappeared into thin air, eventually sending the human's soul off to the Magic Shop.

The grim reaper lowered the tip of his hat and turned around nonchalantly. The details of his card finally disappeared - a cue for him to leave as well.

From the corner of his eye, a shadow swiftly exits his peripheral vision. Jungkook followed the figure without hesitation. The grim reaper tucked his death cards in his pocket with a determined expression on his face. He closed his hand and opened them forcefully. A huge flaming sword appeared behind him, its blue flames surrounding the whetted blade.

Jungkook followed the shadow by walking slowly. A back of a stranger faced him from a distance. The grim reaper still held the sword behind him to plan for a silent ambush.

Step. Step. Stop.

The clouds stirred above him, creating a gush of air to blow his strands off his face. The guardian flew towards the other side of the forest before he had the chance to shear the monster in half.

A hearty chuckle filled Jungkook's ears. The time guardian sat and leaned his back on a trunk of a tree. He felt his head and his back burn from the intense pain.

Jungkook closed his eyes and felt a pang of infliction on his left leg. A small low branch impaled his thigh. He held the stick, setting it ablaze as he pulled it slowly off him. A gush of blood exuded from his cut. Jungkook pressed his palm on his open skin and summoned his goblin fire to heal himself.

Jungkook wrinkleed his whole face from the excruciating feeling. He glared at Yeomra angrily. He opened his palm again to bring back the sword that fell on the ground. The grim reaper rose from his feet shakily, gritting his teeth at his growing headache. He limped on his way to attack his opponent when Yeomra summoned a muster of shadow monsters to outnumber him.

"You're too predictable, Jungkook."

"What do you fucking want from me," he grumbled.

"Aren't you curious about how that human died?"