Chapter Nineteen.

A Whisper of Your Name

"Where were you?"

Yuna settled a vase of artificial flowers on the studio's table. After Young-Jae helped her with some baskets and boxes, they both headed to the studio to prepare the decorations.

Young-Jae walked in front of the young florist just by the decorated flowers on the wall. Jiwoo entered the room with a clipboard and a phone on her hands. She rose an eyebrow then clicked her tongue at the photographer's late arrival. 

Young-Jae widened his eyes. He planned on getting rid of her when he summoned his shadow monsters. How on earth is she still alive?

"I had to attend some urgent photoshoots. Sorry," he smiled sheepishly, acting as if nothing happened. 

"You didn't message me," Jiwoo crossed her arms over her chest, a faint straight line forming on her lips. 

Yuna deadpanned, "You could've told me what made you so busy. We thought something also happened to you after that blizzard attack three days ago."

Of course, he knows what's happening. It's his doing.

If he summoned his shadow monsters to pester the whole city, why is Jiwoo still breathing in front of him?

The guardians probably helped the mortals again. That's the main reason why all of them found his shadows.

Maybe that's the reason why Jiwoo is perfectly fine right now. It's because they saved her. 

Jiwoo's voice snapped him back to reality. Yuna left his peripheral vision to pamper the studio again. Jiwoo, on the other hand, ordered her employees to welcome their arriving client. Young-Jae received an order from her as well, a reminder to stay in the studio until nightfall. The schedules for the last week of February are mostly cramped for them. Since some customers booked wedding proposals in the upcoming weekends. 

Young-Jae scuffed beside the young florist near the decorated wall. Yuna's back faced him. She continued prepping the backdrop with her fingers.

It took him a minute to scan the mortal from her head down to her toes.

How can a person like her kill his shadow monsters? In fact, she always look naive and clueless. Young-Jae could not imagine that a weak mortal like her could exhibit the most powerful magic. She probably doesn't know she's stronger than those seven of them combined. 

The answer is still unclear for him. How can a mortal be that powerful without the guardians' help? If she's related to the seven of them, then she should be weak as well. Knowing that the flower is missing.

It's not even possible for a human to become a guardian either. 

His hands found their way to his pockets to stop himself from using his power over her. He wanted to choke her to death so he can finally fulfill his wishes.