Chapter Twenty-Eight

The Memory Hub

The Memory Hub

"A human with the tears of the Smeraldo is bound to be the other half of the flower of the moon tree."

The young florist looked down at her wrist to speculate the tattoo on her skin. She furrowed her eyebrows confusingly as she gazed back at the feline before her.

"When you wake up, you'll receive an invitation. It'll bring you to a place where you can collect the pieces of your past."

Yuna muttered a question, enough for the illusion guardian to hear her. Before she could speak again, the Cheshire cat changed his form into a more decent being. Yuna felt his discomfort when she saw the wounds on his chest.

Since her memories are broken and scattered, she could only remember bits of the present time. The oblivion curse washed out the majority of her memories with the guardians. Yet a vivid memoir crawled its way into the human mind.

"Once you remember how you were brought to this realm, you have to find me."

"Find you?"

Yuna saw his face deform sourly. She tried to comfort him but the guardian refused. Yoongi had his last message before he disappeared and left the young florist alone.

"Why would a cat bring me to Wonderland?" she asked herself.

She looked back at her sleeping mother with a frown. The female scuffed her feet against the cold tiles to wake her.

Suddenly, the entire room dissipated into particles.

The lighting turned dark, and only a colorful bubble floated in front of the human. Nonchalantly, Yuna extended her arm to touch the glowing orb. The whole room was bathed in monochromatic hues. A new landscape painted the plain scene. With widened eyes, Yuna scrutinized the forming pathway toward an unfamiliar setting.

Bushes and trees appeared in her field of vision. Cloudy patterns embroidered the sunny skies. The weather felt dry and warm once she stepped into the scene. She stepped her right foot forward to see what lies beyond the strange world she entered. The landscape wiggled like a ripple and the colors turned vibrant. A scroll flew towards her. It opened by itself to show the letters written in black ink.

Famished, parched, and feeble

The young woman quivered

Despair reigned in her people

Yet hope still empowered her

With eyes gleaming in anticipation

Her heart soared in the sky

She entered the forest in caution

Upon seeing a strange hut with bonsai

This is your first life.