Chapter Five.

The Seven Deadly Sins

When the day finally ended, Yuna and her mother decided to close the shop. She flipped the signpost over then closed the door, allowing the last cool breeze to enter the room. She sat on her stool just beside the doorway and typed an entry on her blog posts. Her favorite pop song echoed in the room by the time she hit the play button on Spotify.

As she sways her body to the beat of her favorite song, Yuna thought of grabbing a cup of coffee to keep herself warm. The female stood up from her seat, singing soulfully to the music while swaying her hips just a bit to the rhythm. Since it was almost nighttime and the light from her shop will make her more noticeable, she simply danced around on her heels, leaving the receptionist's table with a smile on her face.

She asked her mother on her way to the pantry area. Her mother simply knitted in the corner with a warm smile on her face.

The interior design of her shop is highly decorated with flowers, pots, tables, and scraps. The flower creations are neatly placed by the wide picture window. The receptionist area had floral walls and a working area on the other side of the room. Artistic landscapes and calligraphies framed the walls of the room, complementing the aesthetic setting of the shop.

Yuna's stilettos clicked against the tiled floor. She walked towards the pantry area, humming enthusiastically. When she entered the small kitchen, she heard a stainless bowl colliding with the floor.

"Meow."

"Oh my god, what's a cat doing here?" she gazed at the non-stupefied feline who didn't even budge after hearing her voice. The strange-colored cat was on top of a kitchen counter with wrappers of cupcakes, crepe papers, and fruits splattered everywhere. The cat jumped out off the counter and then settled his paws on the floor. It walked towards her, stopping at the sight of the tangerine on the floor. The black cat with purple fur and blue eyes pushed the tangerine away. The fruit rolled toward Yuna's feet.

"Meow."

"Mom! Did you let a cat inside again?" Her mother proudly replied with a hum.

"He was hungry." Yuna could barely hear her mother's voice from the other side of the room.

"Meow."

"Don't meow at me! Look at the mess you did." she groaned, gesturing everywhere with both arms. The cat continued grooming, tilting his head.

The cat meowed again, pointing at the tangerine with its paw.

"What?" Yuna furrowed her brows. Do cats eat citrus fruits? As far as she knows, citrus fruits drive them away, yet the kitty burglar was trying to tell her something about the fruit in her hand.