Chapter Fourteen.

I See You

I See You

Note: Hi, my fellow readers! I won't be individually making warning tags anymore so just keep this in mind. The following chapter or upcoming chapters will contain either mild intimate scenes, violence, or frequent swearing. Please be advised that some scenes may also show psychological and emotional issues (e.g. Obsessive behavior, mild panic attacks) that may trigger some readers. Thank you.

The blizzard finally ended yet it felt like it was just the calm before the storm. The sun rose to its full potential, enlightening the snowy roads in the morning. People began leaving their houses to start their day.

The flower shop downtown buzzed like a bee. The postponed plans are rescheduled for the time being. The florists in the shop started walking around the vicinity to pick up some calls and treat their blooms.

You left the shop to your mother and the other hired florists to visit the flower market. You went alone to buy the flowers you needed for the month. With a sling bag dangling from your shoulder, a bucket hat, and comfortable attire for the weather, you strolled by a path of flowers for simple solitude. You take your phone from your bag to skim the list of flowers you have to buy for your shop.

Speaking of yesterday, what exactly happened last night that made your back hurt so much? You probably had a long dream or a nightmare that made it this way. Or it could be because of the sleeping position as well.

That must be the reason why your back felt like you carried an elephant.

You winced when you felt a sharp pain in your spine. You stretched your back and your arms while walking in the busy flower market.

You scuffed around the stalls to ask the salespersons about your concerns. After some interrogations, you received a bag of flowers from them.

You walked to the end of the room to look for the last batch of flowers. Daffodils seemed nice to bring along with the ones you bought earlier. It's already the last week of February so you felt the need to finish early and go home.

However, something doesn't feel right. You've been walking all by yourself while humming to the tune of your favorite song. For some reason, you felt like someone was stalking you in broad daylight.

Someone is definitely following you.

Quickly, you made your way toward the market's exit to relish the fresh air. The morning sun had yet to draw the usual bustling crowds to the flower market, which, while relieving, triggered an eerie sense of déjà vu.

The presence of people outside provided a measure of reassurance. You knew that a scream would promptly alert the bustling market if anyone attempted to harm you.

You couldn't quite place why the sensation of someone following you felt oddly familiar. Have you experienced this before? 

You breathed heavily and held the flowers with your hands. With a head down low, you bumped into someone near a fruit stall.