Chapter Eight.

The Wonder Free Forest

A delinquent sprinted away from the commoner. Her hands were stuffed with loot and jewelry, and a cheeky grin marked her face with pride. The baffling commotion pestered the streets in the late evening. It alarmed the citizens who fled to the plaza to witness the infamous thief in the borough.

The girl was one of those bandits that lurked like shadows at night with a handful of stolen treasures. The criminal herself plundered another small sack of possessions by the streets.

Another horrifying fit of bellows filled the entire space. She scuffed against the rocky pavement towards the unknown. She kept running away from the man chasing her.

She scanned the forest, pushing the leaves away to find a hideout. She could not decipher the place she entered. The forest certainly felt intriguing, cold, and...peculiar.

The delinquent squinted her eyes at the unfamiliar place. 

"Run all you want. You'll never escape this forest."

The low, grave voice sent chills down her spine. The criminal kept her cool composure but the stranger sensed her diminishing poise.

"Show yourself!" Her voice sounded muffled behind the mask that veiled half of her features. She managed to thrust the dagger forward to threaten the looming shadow across her. The male stepped out of the dark to show himself.

A tall, slim man stood before her. His red hair strands ruffled messily on top of his head. His eyes flittered at the bandit in pure mischief. The hatter smirked.

"Who are you?" the male just laughed at her attempt to interrogate him. He exaggerated his sigh, cooing in a sweet, child-like voice.

"Oh, darling. I'm every sin's nightmare." he chuckled once again.

"You're on my domain."

Domain? The thief furrowed her brows. Her forehead creased confusingly. 

She stepped forward with her dagger, slowly pointing it out towards the man's throat.

"Stop talking shit or I'll kill you."

She heard another laugh from him. She wanted to kill him but there was a force stopping her from doing so.

Taehyung scorned.

Before the bandit could lunge forward, a pair of hands pinned her arms behind her. The girl screamed and tried breaking free from the stranger's tight grasp. Taehyung smiled at the guardian across him before leaning a bit forward to look at her level.