Chapter Twelve.

Don't Look Back

Don't Look Back

Don't look at their eyes. Don't respond to them.

That quote kept playing inside your head since morning. Your mother also kept hearing those words as if reminding you of something absurd that would happen. 

The shop mostly kept you and your mother busy. It still felt cold and chilly when another wave of blizzard covered the whole city. You still had no idea why this suddenly happened in Korea. 

Knowing that your tomorrow is filled with another concerning weather, you had to re-schedule your plans again.

Night has finally dawned on you. Your mother decided to sleep early after finishing her tasks.

On your way upstairs, you felt another familiar breeze in the night. 

You grabbed your phone, leaving the room with all the lights open. You did your best not to respond to its inaudible whispers as you hurried your way upstairs to finally sleep. 

"Too scared to face me?"

The deep voice said. You were already on your way to your room, ready to open the door when the stranger grabbed your wrist and turned you around, making you close your eyes in fear. 

Don't look at their eyes. Don't respond to them.

You tried your best to stop the person—no, a demon—from controlling your mind. You began reciting prayers but the vengeful spirit kept talking to you as if wanting to possess your body. 

"This isn't a dream, Yuna."

You silenced yourself and still closed your eyes. You prayed in hopes of leaving his presence, trying your best to not get controlled by him. 

"You killed one of them."

Killed who?

"One of my shadow monsters died because of you," he chuckled. "You weren't a human after all. Shouldn't you be in a place where you belong?"

Yeomra grinned, "A place where you don't exist at all."

Even with your eyes closed, the vivid image of the monster from your dream paints a clear picture of how he must have looked. A gulp escapes you as you desperately think of ways to resist responding to him. Then, a sudden recollection of how you triumphed over the monster provides a surge of determination.

Your wrist.

You remembered the full moon above you when your wrist suddenly glowed at night. Since you're wearing a long-sleeved sweater, you can't slide the sleeve up your left arm when a hand grips your other wrist.