Polaroid [41]

The warm atmosphere of the common room was accommodated with constant chatter and laughter as the students of class A finally finished their room tours.

The winner of the best room was dubbed to Sato, as the sugar quirked male won the hearts of most of the female population with the cake he baked himself.

Staying true to her word (and evading the temptation to also vote for the victor) Akira voted Sero's room the best in her opinion.

Deciding to call it a night, she prepped to go back upstairs along with Shoto who also wanted to get some shut eye, was called by Uraraka to spare a moment of their time to talk with Tsuyu.

Sharing a heart to hear with the frog quirked female about the issue of Bakugo and Kaneki's rescue, Asui was reassured that her opinion on letting the professionals handle it was justified and no one would ever blame her for thinking of so.

Thus starts a new day, a new training regimen for the Hero Course.

With the licensing exam they have to prepare for as well as the Hero Moves they are supposed to make and improve.

There is also the clock that ticks closer and closer til the awaited day....

~~~~~~~

"Unpopular opinion" Akira declared out of the blue as she fought combat with one of Ectoplasm's clones. "Ultimate Hero moves are overrated and odd." This caught the clone off guard, Yukimura (1/3) stabbing through its chest. It disappeared.

"Ultimate moves that is the hero's trump card, how can you say its overrated Kaneki?" The real Ectoplasm inquired, perplexed by the girls oddly specific opinion.

"If I were an actually smart villain," she reasoned "I'd think of ways to possibly nullify the hero's Ultimate move for me to ensure my win." She leaned on her quinque lazily.

"More advantage for me if the hero is more popular because 1; I know their ultimate moves and studied how they utilize it, 2; I have already thought of counterattacks to leave that particular ultimate move nullified or weakened"

Pausing to cup her fingers on her chin deep in thought. "No weapon is unbreakable. Swords can be chipped shields can be crushed (under the strength hydraulic pressure maybe) and even the sharpest of blades can eventually be dull."

She suddenly smirked, eyes half lidded "And finally heroes are human as well, we'll all die in the end anyway."

"I'd choose not to glorify someone strong and powerful because I know in the end, they will eventually disappoint me."

She laughed disposing of the cold aura she had created for herself. "But then again you do you I guess."

An explosion erupted from behind her. With a sigh the boulders heading to multiple directions was tossed to a corner with the help of a strong gust of wind.

"Mr. Aizawa" the purple haired female said seriously turning away from the pro hero she was training with.

"May I talk to you about the licensing exam?"

~~~~~

Carefully indulging her words, the raven haired man could only sigh, looking at his student in pity.

He knew about her condition and respected her wishes to join the hero course in spite of the RC cells and quick cells in her body eating each other out.

"Right after the licensing exam you will take a surgery, an undermined one where in, your chances of living is half percent?"

Nodding stiffly, the purple haired girl smiled sadly.

"It's our best bet, Nishiki-san already informed mom, dad and Ichika about it, we're all biting the bullet whether I live or not, at least I put up a fight." She let out a bitter laugh.

"It's the only chance, turns out mom and dad have been preparing for this day for years, ever since the truth about my quirk has been revealed."

The erasure hero bit his lip anxiously.

"But you've been performing really well this year possibly your symptoms are wrong?"

He did not want to loose a student.

He'd rather die first.

"I've been taking medication. Most of my life, even without me knowing."

Akira played with the hem of her skirt, the fabric dancing around her fingers as she contemplated her next words.

"Sir... After the exam, once I've gone to the hospital, please tell Shoto to go to my room."

Aizawa, despite still getting his mind to circle that he might lose one of his students, raised an eyebrow at her odd request.

"He doesn't know." She explained carefully "but I don't want to burden him by telling it to him face to face."

Staring deep into her teacher's eyes, the next words she utter surprised him even more.

"I am aware he harbours deep feelings for me. And I don't want to tell him to his face that I can't reciprocate them."

"He doesn't deserve loving someone who's life dances on a thin string. I don't want to see him in pain again."

Aizawa's obsidian colored eyes stared straight towards her gray ones.

"But, do you actually reciprocate his feelings?" He raised a brow.

"For someone who's awfully rejecting the man before he could even confess, you seem quite disappointed."

"I like him as well..." The younger girl spoke, her voice barely audible but enough for her homeroom teacher to hear.

"Not as much as he does to me but..." She paused, carefully thinking over what she wanted to say next.

"Sensei, I don't want to give him false hope... Because... Even if I do like him, there's a really high chance I might not make it."