Polaroid [39]

"It's the Hero Billboard chart JP! The biannual ranking of current heroes based on..." The reporter said as the sound of the television resonated the living room. "... mission completion rate, contributions to society and public support!"

"Who could have predicted that this happened to the number one and unbeatable hero?! Not only in Japan but also in America...."

Soft sounds of footsteps came from the stairs. Barely heard as the news broadcasts the retirement of All Might, the hiatus of Best Jeanist and the indefinite leave from hero work of member of the hero group wild wild pussycats, Ragdoll.

"How do I look?"

Kaneki Ken and Ichika looked back, smiling as Akira and Touka descended down the stairs.

After a day of rest, Touka immediately rushed her daughter to refresh herself, cutting her choppy hair going for a shorter style, quite similar to her haircut in her teens.

"Wah you looks just like mom!" Ichika exclaimed dramatically plopping onto the armrest of the solo couch she was sitting on.

Ken smiled "Akira you look just like your mother back in the days."

"Are you saying I'm old?" Touka hissed teasingly making her husband froze and hold up his hands in surrender.

The gray eyed protagonist smiled. As her mother lead her to sit at the living room with the rest of their family.

"The principal called." Ken started seriously. "Apparently your homeroom teacher will come by later to discuss some things."

"Dad, you aren't..."

"No, no" Ken said waving his hand dismissively "I'm not pulling you out of the hero course," he narrowed his gaze "unless...?"

Akira flinched at her father's stern stare. She waved her hands around making irrelevant movements.

"No- I actually really like the hero course." She breathed. "So as long as I can, please let me enjoy what I have with them."

~~~~~~

Three sturdy knocks came from the door indicating that their visitors have arrived.

Touka opened the door and ushered the two UA teachers inside, to the living room where Ken patiently waited. The two sisters peaking from the corner of the kitchen's entrance, waiting for the kettle to boil the water to serve the family's trademark coffee.

Both teachers bowed to the man of the house apologizing for letting his daughter get kidnapped. Ken smiled saying he was glad she was safe, however Aizawa and All Might are not saved by Touka's unnerving glare.

All Might visibly gulped as Aizawa tried to look unfazed.

Mid discussion about the new form system of UA facility, Ichika and Akira waded into the room, the elder holding a tray with two cups of coffee with latte art courtesy of her purple haired sister.

Both cups show a cat made from the milk.

Ken silently thanked his daughters for making the mood a bit lighter once seeing the twitch of the corners of Aizawa's mouth as he received the cup.

"Dorm system right?" Touka summarized "I know Akira is safe now, but you of all people should know about her condition Eraserhead." She said seriously.

All Might looked at his colleague confused.

Aizawa sighed "I'm aware. It has been clear that our institution had underestimated the League of Villains however Mr and Mrs Kaneki, please trust us on this one." He bowed his head "We can't afford to make any other mistakes. We won't I'll be sure of it."