Unconditional

Two Months Later

"Honey, i'm home." Sarah calls into the apartment, her hands full with brown paper bags. Kicking her shoes off by the door, she manages to throw her keys into the dish.

Scout walks quickly into the foyer, pressing a phone against her shoulder and ear, she meets Sarah in the doorway, taking a few bags from her arms. Pressing a quick kiss to Sarah's lips the two of them continue on towards the kitchen.

"I know Mom, but we don't want to get married in the summer." The two of them move with such grace and precision as the bounce around the kitchen putting the various groceries away.

"Did you tell her about the dresses?"

"Oh shit right, Mom, Vera Wang said she wants to design our wedding dresses."

Sarah just sits back and smiles as the two women on the phone frantically exchange excited details back and forth.

The last two months have been nothing but a dream for them. Scout was making magic on stage eight shows a week, and was just about to step away for a few weeks to handle her American Horror Story duties.

Sarah was also caught up with AHS work, Freakshow was set to start the process in a few weeks and the two of them were itching to get back to LA and get started.

Everything is good.

"Listen, I gotta go because Sarah just got home and your driving me insane." Scout says sitting up on the counter. "I will call you late- I don't know when, but later. Goodbye."

Sarah shakes her head, opening up the fridge and taking out a half empty bottle of wine.

"I swear, everyday she gets more intense about this fucking wedding."

"We should just elope."

"Haha, very funny."

"Want to go freeze our tits off on the balcony and drink this wine?" She holds the bottle up, a sly smile on her face.

"Always."

_________________________________

liked by mssarahcatharinepaulson, elizabethreaser and 283,194 others

scoutmonroe: Sorta in love with you

view all comments

mssarahcatharinepaulson: You're my absolute favorite.

pillypie22: I miss you two😭

_________________________________

"I can't believe we're gonna get married." Sarah speaks awhile later, her words floating into the darkness as the two lay facing eachother in the pitch black of night.

"I know. I can't believe you even want to marry me." Scout answers, only half joking. Sarah reaches out, her hand laying softly on the side of Scouts face.

"I'm the lucky one here, Scout Monroe. Don't get it twisted."

"I still can't believe how this all started."

"Mhm yes, nothing sticks to people together like a little infidelity." The two laugh, Sarah rubs her thumb softly along Scouts cheekbone.

"Unconventional but unconditional."

"Unconventional but unconditional, indeed."