Forever

"And cheers to Sarah, finally getting her shit together." Lily says holding her glass up in the air, the sounds of our clinking glasses filling the air.

I throw my head back with laughter as the table cheers' to our new relationship. Sarah shakes her head, taking a small sip from the glass in hand.

These past few weeks have been some of the best of my life. Spending the day with Sarah, sometimes the nights with her as well (wink wink).

She's meeting my parents for the first time tomorrow, which would be terrifying if my parents weren't who they were.

My Mother can be a little intense sometimes. But i'm sure everything will be fine.

I feel a soft kiss being pressed to the side of my heads, turning I see Sarah with a goofy smile plastered on her face.

"Life is fun with you, you know that? My life was never this good until you came along."

"I aim to please, what can I tell ya." She smiles, pressing her lips against mine with a small smile on her lips. "I'm so lucky to know you, Sarah Paulson."

"And I, you, Scout Monroe."

"I hate sitting next to you guys." Dakota says in a whisper, a small laugh leaving her lips.

_________________________________

"So, is everything done for the show?" My Father asks from across the table, Sarah's hand sitting softly on mine underneath the table.

"Yeah, well we have press starting next month and some weird festival in March but other than that we're done."

I watch as my Mother sits, quietly under her darkened sunglasses. Lifting them to the top of her head she furrows her eyebrows looking over at the woman beside me.

Sarah tenses under her gaze, I give her hand a squeeze. Clearing my throat to fill the tense silence that filled the air.

"But hopefully i'll be hearing from Marie soon."

"Hopefully, you'll be back on that stage soon." My Mother says, showing me a small smile. Sarah loosens up, relaxing further back into her seat.

"I'm not so sure about that."

"Why do you say that?" Sarah asks, turning to face me.

"Well, I don't know. I just don't think that Broadway misses me yet, once it does then i'll go back but, not yet. Not now."

"Baby, will you come help me set up that Amazon Fire..drive or whatever the hell it is." Dad asks standing up from the table, I nod standing up with him and following him into the house, his arm hanging loosely over my shoulder.

"You better take care of her." My Mother speaks, her gaze still on my Father and I. "Her heart is yours, don't trip and break it."

Sarah smiles, turning and looking at me through the large glass windows as I jokingly argue with my Father over the television remotes.

"I won't, I promise, I won't."

"Don't promise me, promise her."

_________________________________

"Your Mother is intense." Sarah says from the bedroom, I smile in the mirror as I brush my teeth from the bathroom.

"How so?"

"She just like, stares into your soul when she talks."

"Yeah, she is big on deep eyehole connections. But she's harmless, truly. And she liked you, if she didn't she wouldn't have even spared you a glance." I walk into the room to see the woman sitting under the covers on my bed, large framed glasses on her face with her hair back in a slick ponytail.

She looks up from her book, biting on the tip of her thumb, we lock eyes and a smirk slowly spreads across her face.

"What?"

"Nothing." I walk over to my side of the bed, her eyes following me closely.

"What is on your mind, Scout Monroe?" She turns to me, her arm across my body with a small smile ok her face.

"I'm just happy, i'm happy with you."

She leans forward, pressing her lips against mine softly and slowly.

"I'm happy with you too, my love." Leaning her head on my shoulder it's as if all of the pieces are finally falling into place. "Can we stay just like this forever?"

"Forever."