Back to the Basics

"Got everything?" Sarah asks, wheeling her suitcase down the hallway and meeting me in front of the door. I scan over the bags surrounding our feet.

"Yes, I think so. You got all the stuff out of the closets?"

"Yes, and I got that jacket that you had in the laundry room."

"Okay, so I think we're good." I say nodding. Looking around at the bags, scared to meet her eyes.

I really loved New York, and although I was so excited to get back to Los Angeles it's always hard to leave a home.

Especially because this home reminded me so much of Sarah. It was technically our first home together, and now we had to go back to stinky Los Angeles and our stinky separate homes.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, yeah i'm fine. Ready?"

"Yes ma'am." I reach down, slinging the strap of my bag over my shoulder and pushing up the handle on two of the suitcases.

She cuts in front of me, opening up the door.

"Goodbye house." I say, rather pathetically as I wave to the darkened space. The house that had so much life in it, was now dark and alone, just a shell of lives that used to live in it.

I pull the door shut, locking it behind me before making my way down the long hallway with Sarah by my side.

"You're so cute."

"Shut up."

__________________________________

Lily Rabe
Goodmorning!
Happy moving day!!

Me
Yeah, what's so
happy about it?

Sarah Paulson
She's having a
rough morning.

Me
Am not.

Me
I'm fine.
I just hate moving.

Lily Rabe
Well at least
we'll be on the same
coast now!! :)))

Me
Joy.

Lily Rabe
Man, she really does have
a stick up her butt today
doesn't she?

Sarah Paulson
Oh yeahh

Sarah Paulson
Imagine being on the
same plane as her

Me
We're not even
sitting together
so she's fine.

Lily Rabe
Why are you guys
not sitting together?

Sarah Paulson
Because she's a cloud
of darkness and despair

Me
Both of you can
suck my ass.

Me
I'm going to sleep.

Me
Goodnight.

Lily Rabe
It's 7 in the morning

Sarah Paulson
She's watching
Real Housewives

Lily Rabe
Lol

__________________________________

"Hey." A familiar voice whispers, calling me softly out of my nap I didn't even know I was taking. "Mind if I sit?" Sarah asks, motioning to the empty seat next to me.

"Seats taken." I say with a sly smile, stretching my arms out over my head and sitting up in my seat.

"Haha." She sits down beside me, I spread the blanket out from across my legs so they partially cover hers. "Feeling better?"

"Kinda, i'm just so over moving. That's literally all I did as a child." Her hand finds mine, fiddling with my fingers as I speak.

"Why did you guys move so much again?"

"Because my parents are lunatics." She giggles. "My Mother always had environmental conferences across the world and since my Dad didn't have a steady like office job we always went with her."

"That must have been hard."

"Oh god it was the worst." I yawn, covering my mouth with my Sarah free hand. "But now I have you and it's all better."

A bright smile fills her face. "Is that it? Did I make it all better?"

"Oh, you don't even know, Paulson."

"My god, I cannot wait to marry you."

"Even when i'm stubborn and cranky?"

"Yes, even when you're stubborn and cranky."

__________________________________

liked by pillypie22, dakotajohnson and 382,925 others

scoutmonroe: Reunited with my two most favorite loves. Feels good to be home.

view all comments

dakotajohnson: You literally hate Los Angeles.

scoutmonroe: dakotajohnson Shhhhh.

__________________________________