La Vie en Rose

liked by scoutmonroe and 15,936 others

pillypie22: Normal mornings in New Orleans 📷 @scoutmonroe

view all comments

scoutmonroe: We named him Clyde🐊♥️

pillypie22: @scoutmonroe Long live our beloved Clyde❤️🐊

________________________________

I sat on the floor of my hotel room, our second night in New Orleans just started to come to a close, tomorrow was our last day off before filming started and I spent most of today getting ready for it.

Going through lines, marking up my script, freaking out because Stevie FUCKING Nicks was going to be on set soon.

Fun fact, my parents almost named me Stevie because their first dance at their wedding was to 'You Make Loving Fun' by Fleetwood Mac.

They're hippies, what else can I say.

I unpacked my suitcase, refolding all of the clothes I had tossed in last minute, when I heard a soft knock at the door.

Walking over I peaked through the door to see Sarah standing in the hallway with a bottle of champagne, in her pajamas.

"What are you doing?" I say with a small giggle as I open up the door. She smiles brightly at me and reveals a blanket from behind her back.

"Coming to sit on the balcony and listen to Jazz music with you, duh." I shake my head, my lips slowly curling into a smile. "Oh, and I brought booze."

________________________________

It had been almost an hour since Sarah arrived at my doorstep. We sat cuddled up on the small bench on my balcony, a blanket over our legs with our respective glasses of champagne in our hands.

The sounds of the city played softly through our ears.

I forgot how much I loved New Orleans.

She rubbed my knee softly as I let my head fall to her shoulder. Pressing a soft kiss to the top of my head I couldn't help but smile.

"The highlights of these past few months have always been spent with you." She speaks after a moment. "You are a little magic human."

"You're so weird." I lift my head up from her shoulder and notice her eyes flicker back and forth from my lips to my eyes.

Just as we start to lean in her phone starts going off. I look over at the coffee table and see the unfortunate caller.

Holland Taylor is calling...

A sigh left my lips, louder than I intended it to, she rubbed my knee softly before picking the phone up.

"If I answer now and tell her i'm going to bed th-"

"Go ahead Sarah, you don't need to explain to me." I show her a small smile, she quickly grabs the phone and heads inside.

Leaving the door cracked just enough so I could still hear what she was saying.

She told her how she had a long day and was really tired so she was in bed already, the Jazz music could tune out her voice if I focused enough.

But I couldn't focus enough.

She paced back in forth in front of the window. The sweet sounds of 'La Vie en Rose' filled my ears. I smiled, looking down at my hands as a single tear falls into my glass.

I wiped it away quickly.

Not even sure of why I was crying. There was no reason to be crying, she was just on the phone with her girlfriend.

The door squeaked opened and I quickly returned back to my normal self, sitting up from the bench immediately.

"Hey, sorry about that."

"No, it's fine. I just think i'm gonna head to bed."

"Oh, really?" She asks as I hand the blanket over. "It's still early."

"Yeah I know, but i'm just tired. We have a big day tomorrow."

"Oh, okay. Sure, yeah, me too."