Dancing in the Kitchen

"I don't know what to do, Lily." My emotionally exhausted body falls back on the couch, I try to rub the feeling out of my eyes but they fall heavy once again.

"I really don't know, Scout. I didn't think she would act like that." A knock at the front door sends my body flying upward. "Did someone just knock on your door?"

"Yeah, i'll call you right back." I hang up the phone and head towards the sound, pulling open the door Sarah stands anxiously in the opening.

"I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have left like that. I don't know why I got so angry I just—"

"Sarah, it's okay." I cut her rambling off. "You reacted how you should have reacted, it's okay. We're okay."

She lunges forward, wrapping her arms against me tightly. "I'm so happy that you were raised by two pacifist hippies."

___________________________________

"So, when do you need to be in New York?" She asks as we sit together under a large blanket outside. The lights from the Los Angeles skyline twinkling in the distance.

"I'm not sure yet, I still need to talk to Marie about that." She nods, letting her head fall to my shoulder. "We can make it work. You're not getting rid of me that easy."

She sniffles quietly as I press a kiss to her head. "God, I feel so dramatic."

"Shush, it's okay to feel what you feel. And know that however you feel is never wrong."

"That was deep."

"Thanks, I read it on a snapple cap."

___________________________________

"So?" She asks as I walk inside from my all too long phonecall with Marie about New York.

"I leave in a week." Her face drops. "But, I just need to go for a general meeting with the director and whatnot so I'll only be gone for like 5 days at most."

"Well, that's good."

"Yes, and I was thinking," I walk forward, wrapping my arms around her waist and watching a small smile spread across her face. "you could come with me and help me look for a place to live?"

"I'd love to." She pecks my lips quickly, hugging me tightly to her body. "I don't want you to go."

"I know, I don't want to go either."

"Oh actually, how do you feel about going out to dinner with Elizabeth and I tonight?"

"Elizabeth?"

"Reaser, she's a really good friend of mine and has been up my ass about meeting you."

"I'd love to."

"Great." She connects our lips once more for a soft kiss. I sway us side to side slowly. "Want to dance?"

"I always want to dance."

And there we stood, dancing in the kitchen, in the middle of the day.

No music playing, instead we chatted and laughed as we spun one another on the black and white tiled floor of my kitchen.

Drunk on love and high on life.

Both of us, have fallen so incredibly far since that drunken night at the bar. And I know, we still have so much farther to go.

The future is always unplanned and unclear, especially now with me moving across the country in a few months; but there is one thing that is clear about whatever lies ahead, Sarah Paulson is my person.

She's the person I'll end up with and the one I was meant to find.

And I am so incredibly lucky for that.

"I love you, Scout Monroe." She speaks into the air once the giggling and chatter dies down. Resting her head on my shoulder, our bodies swaying together.

"And I love you, Sarah Paulson."

___________________________________

liked by pillypie22, elizabethreaser and 173,624 others

scoutmonroe: These are my people

view all comments

pillypie22: I am so confused by what is happening in this picture

mssarahcatharinepaulson: pillypie22 We were fighting for her love and affection. I won.