The Morning After

"You did not!" Dianna yells from the other side of the phone. "You slept with her? But she has a girlfriend!"

"Yes, I know. It's not my proudest moment, Dianna. Don't shame me." I answer, folding my clothes on the floor of my bedroom. One of Liz's old shirts comes up in the pile, and I can't help but smile at the memory.

Our first show we ever watched together was Friends and for our one year anniversary I got her a "Frankie Say Relax" shirt from Esty.

I don't know how I even ended up with it but i'm glad I did. I'm sure she left it behind when she moved out of my place, she knew I liked it.

"Well, is it just a one time thing or are you a full on mistress now?"

"First of all, i'm not a mistress they are not married. And second of all I was totally sloshed so it will definitely never happen again."

"That was fun." Sarah says leaning up on her elbow and looking down at me. Clutching the white linen to her body, her hair frayed and a little twinkle in her eye.

I smile being underneath her gaze. "That was very fun, but this is the last time." I jump out if the bed and frantically grab my clothes off the floor.

"You've been saying for the last week!" She giggles, falling back onto the bed

"Yes I know but Dianna is coming to town tomorrow and she cannot know we're sleeping together."

"Dianna as in the woman you were sleeping with before me?" She sits up from the bed, looking over at my now fully clothes body with furrowed eyebrows.

"We weren't sleeping together like you and I are sleeping together it was just a few times here and there." Her look doesn't change. "Why is that a problem?"

"No," she pauses. "no it's fine." I don't necessarily believe her but I also don't have the brain capacity to try and have a conversation with her right now.

"You wanna get lunch?" I ask throwing my hair into a messy bun.

"No, I uh can't I have plans with Holland."

"Oh," And just like that a wave of reality crashes into me. For a second, just a split second it felt like this was real, that this was more than sex, but it isn't and most likely never will be. "well I'll get going then."

I head home and just get the house ready for Dianna. You know cleaning my already spotless house and walking around like I have something to do when I don't.

I check the fridge for the thousandth time and finally give up.

Me
You wanna come sit by
the pool and drink wine?

Dakota
Fuck yeah, i'll be
over in 10

"But how do you feel about all of this? I understand that the sex is great but you seem to actually like her." Dakota says, gesturing with her glass of wine in her hand and sending about half of it flying into the grass.

"I don't like her Dakota, I like having sex with her. There's a difference."

"Whatever you say." She sings shooting me a wink before downing the rest of her wine. "I'm gonna go pee quick and then we are watching Dirty Dancing!" She runs off into the house just as my phone buzzes beside me.

Lily Rabe
Dinner at my place next friday!
Whole cast is coming so you
better be there

Lily Rabe
Bitch

Me
Di is staying with me
so she'll have to tag along,
is that okay?

Lily Rabe
Of course, can't wait
to meet your super cool
New York friend

Dakota banged on the glass from inside the house. "Dirty Dancing! Let's go!" My phone buzzes once again in my hand.

Sarah Paulson
Come over tonight?

Me
Can't tonight