Lunch in LA & Drinks at My Place

The next few days go by without much of a hassle. It's just been:

Wakeup, Workout, Avocado Toast, Table Read, Wine, Sleep, Repeat.

It's been nice though, getting to meet new people almost everyday and being in such nice weather. It was much better than I could've ever asked for or expected.

Now, It's our two days off before we start filming. And i'm simply enjoying the silence and calm in the air before my life and schedule becomes absolute insanity.

Laying out by the pool with the soft whispers of Fleetwood Mac playing through the speakers. I hear my phone twinkle on the table beside me.

Lily Rabe
Sweetness, do you want
to go out to lunch with Emma
and I?

Me
I would love to
but I do not want to

Lily Rabe
Great! See you in an hour!

I chuckled to myself and pried myself up off the poolside chair.

Lily and I got eachother right away. She was kind and gentle, but her humor was also extraordinarily strange and perverse, quite similiar to my own. She also wasn't afraid to give it back to me, which I appreciated.

I hopped in the shower quick and threw on an outfit Dakota had ranked as "brunch worthy." Strange woman she is.

I hopped out of the car and onto the crowded Los Angeles street. Immediately seeing paparazzi across the street, they still weren't something I was used to.

This wasn't something I was used to.

The whole being in the limelight with headlines about who I glanced at for too long on a red carpet or what diet plan i'm doing this month. The men with giant camera chasing me down on my way back from yoga.

It all seemed very predatory. Plus, I'm only 23, I don't need this attention. I just want to hang out with friends and not worry about what TMZ has to say about it.

"Heya stranger." A familiar voice said knocking me out of my thoughts. I turn to my left and see none other than Sarah Paulson standing by her drivers side door. I lifted my sunglasses to the top of my head to get a good look at her.

"Paulson, hey. I didn't know you would be here."

"Well, suprise!" She walks closer to my car, a bright smile on her face. But I can't help but eye the dozen of men who seemed to keep multiplying by the second. "You alright?"

"Huh?" I snap out of my rambling thoughts. "Oh yeah, i'm fine. I'm just not used to being followed."

She follows my eyes to the group of men who hold their cameras up and frantically snap away.

"Oh, I see." I put my sunglasses back on and turn my attention back towards the woman. She holds her arm out to me. "I got your back, alright?" I link arms with her, a small small forming on my face as we cross the street towards the cafè.

Lily and Emma wait at the entrance.

"There they are, hello pretty ladies!"

I sat next to Lily, with Sarah and Emma across the table. We had just ordered and were now just sitting and chatting about all things life.

"So Scout, you're a New York native, no?" Sarah asks, taking a sip out of her champagne glass.

"Kinda, I was a nomad growing up." I start. "My Mother is French so we lived in France for a bit but then we moved to Australia, Denmark, Amesterdam, Calabassas for a few months, everywhere really. But we ended up in Manhattan when I was 13, and I lived there ever since."

"Wow, that's a pretty extraordinary life." Emma says with a small laugh.

"She's a pretty extraordinary girl." Sarah says without even batting an eye. She just looks at me with a small smirk and a certain twinkle in her eyes I hadn't seen before.

"And now you're stuck in stinky Los Angeles, shame." Emma says.

"But we're lucky she's here." Lily says rubbing my back with a smile. "Cheers to the newest member of our messed up little horror family." Lily announces holding up her champagne glass.

"See you guys!" Sarah says as Emma and Lily walk off towards their own respective cars. We stop at my drivers side door and just look at one another with small smiles on our faces.

I didn't even know why we were smiling. Quite frankly I don't even know why we were doing anything we did today.

The small glances and winks, kind compliments and little smiles. Was this flirting? Or was she just being nice?

"So, what are you up to now?" I ask fiddling with my keys. A cool breeze blows through our bodies.

"Nothing, I was just gonna head home and sit around I guess."

"You wanna come over and have a drink? Seems like a wasted opportunity with this weather."

"I'd love to."

"Cool, just uh follow me I guess."

The fireplace crackled and the music boomed. Our laughter came to a natural pause as we sit together on my couch.

"Scout, what kinda name is Scout?"

"You know, To Kill a Mockingbird, Scout Finch." Her eyes widen at the realization. "My parents are giant book nerds."

"Your face is a giant book nerd." I nearly spit out my drink, she throws her head back in laughter.

"That wasn't even funny." I say through my laughs. "You're a hoot Sarah Paulson."

"You're hooty-er Scout Monroe." She cheers our glasses, our eyes never leaving one another as we take sips out of our glasses.

Her phone starts to ring on the cushion beside her, reaching over she starts to groan. "Shit."

"What's the problem?"

"Nothing, my uh girlfriend is just calling me."

"Oh, girlfriend."

Authors Note:
I know that Sarah and Holland didn't get together until 2015, but just pretend with me for the sake of the story okay?

Thanks, you're cool!