Ripped Pants

A few days later, Dianna was packing her stuff back up and getting ready to finally move into her own place.

She was thrilled, and I was too. I mean now I can finally walk around my house naked again, it really was a win win situation.

While she was packing up to move in, I was packing up to move out. New Orleans was only two days away and I couldn't get there quicker.

My parents made arrangements to fly into town for a few days, my Mother was able to sneak away from her conference for a few days and my Father was recording in New York so he jumped at the idea of coming down to Louisiana.

I don't even know how those two have managed to stay together with all the time they spend apart.

I was excited to see them though, my parents have always been two of my closest friends and biggest supporters. They're good people.

"What do you think?" Dianna asks sitting down beside me on the floor, showing me pictures of her newly refurbished house.

"Wow Di, it looks great."

"I know! What do you say about dinner once you get back?"

"Yeah, that'd be great."

_________________________________

"Well, when are you flying out Scout?" Sarah asks, looking over at me.

"Same time as Lily, why? When are you flying out Sarah?"

"Same time as Lily." She says as a small smirk forms on both of our faces.

"So, the whole gang is flying out together?" Lily says excitedly from the other side of the table. She holds both her hands up and we have a three way high five like a bunch of dorks.

"We getting drunk on a plane!" Sarah yells pumping her fists into the air.

_________________________________

My phone rings just as I walk through the door. Our last day at the studio before we fly to Louisiana was finally in the books and I was exhausted.

Reaching for my phone out of my back pocket:

Earth Mother is calling...

Answering i'm met by immediate yelling in the background.

"You can't just call her Tish, you need to check in before hand she's a busy person."

"She came out of my body I can call her anytime I damn well please."

"Hello, i'm here." But of course they didn't hear me. Normal people would probably think it's unhealthy the amount of time they bicker, but they've literally been together since they were 19, their only form of communication was arguing.

Plus my Mother has an attitude, and my Father is a pacifist. That didn't really solve anything either.

"What if she was in the middle of a scene and her phone just started going off?"

"Well obviously she wasn't in the middle of a scene if she answered the damn phone, Jay. Hi baby, how you doing?"

"I'm doing good, I just got home i'm gonna go out to dinner with some friends here in about an hour. What are you guys up to?"

"We're on our way to the airport now, we're gonna head in a few days early."

"Hi baby!" I hear my Father yell in the background.

"You're Father says hello."

"Tell him I said hi."

"She says hi, Jay."