The Waiting Game

"First of all, I apologize for randomly showing up at your house the other night." She says laughing slightly, with a small smile on her face. "That was probably terrifying, so i'm sorry."

"No, really it was fine. If you hadn't stopped by I probably wouldn't have texted you so it's really okay."

We sit in silence for a minute, just looking at one another. It felt like a dream being here with her, and i'm just hoping it doesn't turn into a nightmare.

_________________________________

"Well, that was a nightmare." I say to myself as I close my car door. Our lunch was filled with weird revelations and awkward conversation.

She's still with Holland, and didn't seem to think she would be ending things with her anytime soon.

Then she asked about Dianna, and I revealed that we were in fact sleeping together. Even though we talked last night and decided not to see eachother anymore, Sarah didn't need to know that though.

She didn't need to know that I was lonely and hopelessly in love with her. I called Lily on my way home and explained the whole lunch to her in grave detail.

She definitely knows something I don't know, I don't know what it is but she definitely knows something about Sarah that I do not.

Which is both terrifying and comforting at the same time.

I could use a little mystery in my life.

"Do you need me to come over? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, i'm fine. I think I just need some alone time."

_________________________________

"Hey baby!" My Father yells as I walk into my kitchen, peaking around the open fridge he pops a grape in his mouth with a large smile.

My Mother walks in holding a watering can, "Hey, you're finally home."

"What is going on?" I say, dropping my bag onto the floor, my jaw dropping along with it.

"We missed you." My Father says walking over and throwing his arms around me in a tight hug. He lets go and sits down at the counter top with a smile.

"God forbid, you stop by anymore." My Mother says walking over and wrapping her arms around me as well. "How are you doing, baby?"

"I'm alright." She pulls away, her arms still on my shoulders as she looks at me with a unreadable expression.

"You sure?"

"We'll talk later."

"Alright." She turns around and heads back to the sink to fill up the watering can again, to say my Mother has a green thumb is an understatement.

There is a reason everyone calls her The Earth Mother.

I'm sure normal humans in their early 20's would probably flip out if they walked into their parents literally taking over their home.

But I am so painfully used to this, it really didn't phase me anymore. And who knows how long they'll be in California for, when they leave they don't like to come back for a very long while.

"I'm gonna make burgers in a bit, you want one?"

_________________________________

"Well, what are you gonna do?" My Mom asks, sitting behind me with my hair in her hands.

"Nothing. I mean what can I do if she still has a girlfriend."

"Wait, you can wait for her, if it feels right I mean."

"I know."

"Does it feel right, bean?" She asks, giving my shoulders a tight squeeze, using a nickname I hadn't heard in years.

"I think so."

"Then you wait for her, and when the time is right it will be."

So, I decided to wait. I won't pressure her into anything or make my waiting known. I'll keep to myself and let it be.

And if it is meant to be, then it will be.

Period.

_________________________________

Authors Note:

Hang in there guys, we'll get there. Scout and Sarah will be avenged!