Epilogue

I stand patiently with my back towards the door, the garden around us flowing gently in the window. A variety of flowers surrounding the mossy pebble path beneath our feet.

I could hear the distant sound of waves crashing and people chatting and the photographers frantic shuffled steps around us.

"Lily." I say gently, and she appears in front of me in no time. "This is good, right?"

"This is great, Scout." She presses a kiss to my cheek. "Shit, she's coming. Stay there and look pretty."

I could hear her heels clinking against the rock, my palms started sweating and my eyes got heavy. All of the nerves of today finally came to the surface.

Feeling arms snake up my back and sit on my shoulder, a soft kiss pressed to the back of my neck.

"You can still run, you know." She says softly, I turn around slowly. Looking at the long white dress that flowed effortlessly off her body.

She looked angelic.

"Sarah, holy fuck." I take her hands in mine, stepping back to get a full look at her. "I feel like beautiful isn't a strong enough word."

"That's how i've been feeling about you for the past two years, honey." I laugh, she pulls me in by the hand, her hand gently finding it's way to my face as she presses our lips together softly.

The wind blowing, birds chirping and wedding bells ringing.

"I cannot wait to marry you." I say, resting my forehead gently ontop of hers. She smiles, biting her lip and closing her eyes.

"I cannot wait to spend the next forever with you, Scout Monroe."

"Unconventional but unconditional."

"Unconventional but unconditional, indeed."

________________________________

"Crazy how this entire thing started, huh?" Dakota says, bunching my dress up in her two hands as I gently try to lower myself onto the toilet seat.

Vera Wang told me to get a bigger dress, and that's exactly what I did. Lily stands against the wall, frantically rolling out some toilet paper for me.

"You were the other woman and now i'm holding your dress up in the bathroom of your wedding." Dakota continues, pretty sure she was just talking to herself at this point.

"And then you guys finally got together, and even got engaged...but then you guys broke up. Sad face."

"Did she just say sad face?" Lily asks, leaning back against the wall and handing me a bunch of toilet paper.

"Yep, I think she did."

"But then you guys got back together. Happy face. And now here we are, two years later, on your wedding day."

"Yep, thanks for the recap. Could you hand me my underwear now?"

________________________________

Swaying side to side my hand in hers, our heads resting gently against one anothers. The dance hall had cleared out so the two of us could share our last dance together.

It was already 1 in the morning and we still had the after party going on at a club down the street. Just a quick costume change and then it was shots of tequila galore.

"This was literally the best day ever." She says quietly, pressing a kiss to my head.

"It really was." A smile makes it's way to my face as the soft sounds of La Vie En Rose boom in the background. "Crazy how this all started, huh?"

"You were my inamorata and now your my wife."

"Literally never call me your inamorata again." We share a laugh.

"I love you so much, Scout Monroe."

"And I love you just the same, Sarah Paulson."