1.31

We arrived at the wreck a little later, everyone was already there. Kie was working, John B was standing by the bar and Pope, JJ and I were sitting at one of the tables.

"I'm sorry, you're staying where?" Kie asked, it was clear she didn't like what he was telling.

"Tannyhill." John B simply said.

"So you're living with Sarah Cameron." Kie asked, like she couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"Okay, look, the only reason I'm living there is because her dad bailed me out, right? And it's way better than foster care, which, by the way, is where I was about to go if Ward didn't-" he started, but Pope cut him, who seemed rather calm about the situation.

"Hey, so do you have a membership to the clubs now?" He asked.

"I don't know, Pope." John B said, as he gently got down on the chair.

"What about those golf carts the drive around? You get one of them?" JJ asked.

"You can always barrow ours J." I smiled at the blonde.

"Sick." He wispered under his breath as Pope already started with the next question.

"Does it come with a sweater-vest, or do you have to buy one on your own?" Pope asked.

"Look you promised." Kie said, she was still really upset about what happend. "You said you weren't with her." John B simply shrugged.

"Bro, just own it. She got you." JJ said.

"Look, if you wanna hang out with her, that's fine. But I'm letting you know now that I'm not doing anything with Sarah." Kie said.

"Funny, that's the same thing you said when John B brought Jess here for the first time." JJ said, I immediatly brought the bottle of water away from my lips, holding the side of my hand against them.

"Do you guys see her here?" John B said, moving past JJ's comment. "No, right. Okay. A little focus would be fantastic. We've got the map, right?" John B said.

"It's out of whack cause the guy was ganja when he drew it." JJ said.

"It's cause the coast has changed." Kie stated, making JJ nod in understanding, but it seemed a bit more on the mocking side if you ask me.

"So we just have to look for landmarks that haven't changed." Pope said.

"What about the old forts?" John B said, looking up from the map.

"Battery Jasper." Kie pointed out. We all sat back in out chairs, eating a bit before we would go to the old forts.

"You know, I think it's a good thing that you're living with the Cameron's." I said, taking another sip of my water.

"Why." Kie said, still mad about what happend.

"I mean, you don't have to run from foster care anymore. And he has a lot of information on this kind of stuff, it's where I learned everything I know."

"Yeah, but it's different for you." JJ said, like it was a normal thing to say. While that sentence hit home for me.

"What's that supposed to mean." I asked, sitting up straight in my seat, I could see that the others knew what was coming when they sunk in their seats.

"Jessi, you know I didn't mean it like that." He said trying to pull himself out of the situation he was in, but I wasn't going to just forgive and forget.

"Then why did you say it like that." I said pushing myself up, I turned around, determined to walk out of there. It might have just been petty to just walk out like that, but JJ is the one who knew how out of place I felt, and that he still said it made me question again.

"Jessi..." he yelled. "Jess, c'mon." He repeated. I hoped he'd just let me go, but he had a different idea when he grabbed my wrist, and spun me around.

"Let go, JJ." I said, as I pulled my arm from his grip.

"Jessi, I wasn't serious, and you know it." He tried, but his words echoed through my thoughts.

"Do I?" I said. "You know, anyone could've said that, and I wouldn't give a singel fuck. But you are the only one who knows what's going on." I said, my voice was breaking right now, tears were building up behind my eyes.

"Ow, come on, you know it'll always be easier for you people." JJ said, he was getting heated now too.

"Us people...?" I repeated. "You mean kooks?" I crossed my arms over my chest. "Guess I'm not as much of a pogue as you said I am." I said, I took my first few steps back.

"Jessi-" he tried, but I cut him off.

"No! JJ, you know how out of place I've been feeling, you know that my life isn't as glamorous as some people might think. I mean, you saw what kind of things my mom can do." I said, I got even more upset, more tears rolled down my cheek.

"Yeah, I know, but your not the only one with problems." JJ said. He really thought I was that arrogant.

"Yeah, no shit..." I hissed through clenched teeth. "But it's not because I grew up on figure 8 that my life is instantly so much better than any of yours." I said, gesturing to the others, who were looking at us. "I mean, you have eachother. You're the best friends I've ever met, on figure 8, everyone is toxic and fake. But I guess that's the dream right." I said, as I leant on one foot before turning around. I walked away as fast as possible, wiping the tears of my cheek. Right now I just wanted to go home, abusive mom or not...

I might overreacted a bit, but he knows a lot about my life, I trusted him with everything. I cannot compare my life to his, in any way, but every time he told I was one of them. And then he goes on and says that I'm still on of the kooks, after everything... it just hurts.

The car ride to my house, was first filled with tears, mostly because of anger, but that got replaced with fear pretty fast. My street was coming closer and closer and I didn't know what my mom was going to do. I didn't know if she was drunk like last time or if she is sober, but at this point, I'm not sure if it makes a difference anymore.

___________

This chapter took way too long to be this short and I hate it but it has been pretty hard to find good plot lines. Already a little heads up, Jessi's mom is mad af... so you can idk prepare for that while I write that...

Thank you Myaaa360 for suggesting for Jess and JJ to get into a fight, I weirdly never thought of it and I really like it, even though it was to find something they could fight about so it might be a bit weak. But thank you so much!!! ♡♡♡

Bye for now,
Please comment, vote and follow and I'll get started on the next chapter as soon as possible.

All the love
Me
Xx <3