1.20

When I got home after the dissapointing attempt at finding the gold, the first thing I did was run up go my room, trying to find the silver necklace a blonde boy gave me. I threw my jewerly box upside down but no luck, it wasn't there.

I let out a big sigh, as I fell back in the chair, I closed my eyes in frustration for a bit. But opened them with a groan as I pushed myself up. Continuing my search for the necklace.

I pulled open every drawer and checked every pocket of every jean or jacket I had. Which only got me to the conclusion that women are apperantly not allowed to have pockets in their jeans.

I laid back on my bed checking off every place I searched in my head, which got me to the point that the necklace is not in my room. Great...

I suddenly was aware of the necklace in my pocket, I pulled it out to see the golden necklace, that once belonged to my father. People would always question him on why he wore a necklace, and his answer was always the same. 'It's because I love the two kids that gave it to me.' November 7th, my dad's 39th birthday. We were singing happy birthday to him with the entire family, I was sitting on my uncle's lap. But jumped off immediatly when the song ended, I signed for Topper to come with me so we could give him his birthday gift. We had both saved up money so we could buy it for him, we handed the box to him with the biggest smile on our faces. He immediatly put it around his neck, and never took it off. It was like he knew that he would die that day, and put it in that envelope. But since it was adressed to John B, my father must have known big John. He must've known about his research.

It was a simple necklace just a thin chain, me and Topper made sure it wasn't too girly.

I put the necklace in an old jewerly box of the pearl necklace I got for my birthday a few months ago and put it in the drawer of my nightstand. I didn't feel comfortable wearing it and I think my mother would rip it of my neck the second she saw it. I closed the drawer with a sigh, my finger lingering on the wood for a little after I closed it. I hid my face in my head as I fell back on my bed, I kept it there for a moment, rubbing my face quickly before standing up again. My hand reached up to my neck where the surf charm necklace used to be, trying to remember where it could be. And my only conclusion would be on the boat we were on just minutes ago. I had my doubts if I even had it on this morning. There was this slight chance that I didn't even have it on this morning. But I didn't wanna take that chance because that could mean the necklace fell of my neck while we were surfing yesterday.

I rushed from my room but was stopped when Topper emerged from his room, blocking the way towards the stairs. The fury was noticable in his eyes. I immediatly stopped, my eyes searching him for any sign of why he was so angry, the only thing I could find was the fact that his left hand was chlenched around something. the thought of the necklace stalked through the back of my mind, the chances of it actually being the necklace were slim, it would mean that Topper has been searching through my room. Suddenly I felt exposed, not that I had something to hide, well not something big, well- not something bad, well- not something my over protective brother should get involved in. I felt like all my privacy was taken for me with a snap of his fingers. The fact that he had been searching in my room. Suddenly I was very aware of my father's necklace resting in the nightstand drawer, not behind any lock, it was just... there. For anyone to grab. I immediatly regretted my choice of hiding spot.

"Hi.." I eventually said, it was like he snapped out of a trance as his eyes widened for a second before relaxing again, but his gaze was just as furious.

"Where did you get this." Topper said, slightly gesturing his hand forward.

"Wha-"

"Don't start, I've seen multiple tourons walk around with this fucking necklace! Now why do you have it?!" He spat.

"I-" I started but stumbled over my words before I could even start a sentence, that's when I knew I wasn't going to talk my way out of this one.

"So?! What? Have you been hanging out with those pogues again or something." I guess he meant it as a joke, but his gaze changed ever more angry when he saw my expression didn't change. "Have you!?" he asked yelling. I slightly backed away as he stood closer to me. Clutching the necklace in his fist in front of my face. "It was the blonde one wasn't it. He probably stole it!" He spat.

"Ow it's not like you never stole something." I said, hoping I'd come across a little more confident now than I did just seconds ago.

"So it was him!" He said bowing over me. the little bit of confidence I had built up before, slipped away from my grasp as Topper's eyes were burning with fury, like he was prepared to kill JJ, just for giving me a necklace. "You have a damn pearl necklace and you choose to wear this garbage?! What is wrong with you?!"

"What is wrong with me?! What is wrong with you? Why would you care about what necklace I wear."

"Because I don't want to be the brother of someone who is voluntarily wearing something that was stolen by some pogue." He spat.

"Well, wether you like it or not, those pogues are my friends. I won't stand around your friends any longer prentending to fit in, you and I both know I don't. And if you're not okay with that, than I don't want you as my brother either." I spat, making him back away a little. A sudden feeling of pride coursed through my veins as I pulled the necklace from his grasp, I brushed past him, my head held high as I hit his shoulder on purpose. I heard him scoff behind my back as I stepped down the stairs. My mother was standing on the dock with some officers. I guess she noticed that Topper's boat was missing. I was told to meet up with JJ at the dock behind my house so I had no choice but to go over there. I thought it was a bad idea since it the cops were here for the boat they sunk. But JJ said something about them being less suspicious if they would return, I guess he had a point but it was risky, since I definitly wasn't the best liar. I stumbled towards the docks when the nerves suddenly struck, and my knees felt weak. I wanted to turn around and walk away more than anything, but JJ would be here in a matter of minutes, and I had to be there, just so he wouldn't have to stay around the cops- and more importantly, my mom- for any longer than needed.

I reached my mom and the two officers, and her gaze immediatly shot to me.

"Finally, do you know what happend here." She asked, stepping up to me, as I crossed my arms.

"No..." I lied, trying to act clueless.

She looked at me up and down with a disbelieving look on her face, turning back around towards the officers.

I stood there for a moment awkwardly as my mother was almost yelling at the officer because they were 'not doing their job well' since they haven't found out who had done it yet.

I let out a releived breath as JJ pulled up to the dock. My mother's gaze locked on the blonde. A disgusted look on her face. "Why are you docking here." She asked firmly.

"Relax mother. He's here for me." I said brushing past her. I felt her eyes follow me as I walked over to JJ who had his hand held out for me. I gave him a small smile, as I stood next to him. Rather closer than normal. His hand slipped from my hand, and reaching closer towards my waist, his hand had comepletely rapped around my waist as he said.

"Don't worry miss thornton, she will be home in time for midsummers." He said grinning wide.

"And no bruises this time, you have enough from the last time you went out."

"Well la-" I started but JJ cut me off by squeezing me closer to him.

"Promise." He said with a firm voice as he walked to the steering wheel. I stood next to him as we drove off. On our way to haywards shop where we were meeting up with Pope and Kie.

_______________

I guess I'm kinda back from the dead... kinda... this is only a little update in between long periods of no updates. School is... a lot and I'm extremely busy atm, this chapter alone took me more than a week to write. And I'm genuinly sorry...

Please vote, comment and follow.

Love you all so much

Xx
Me