1.07

It wasn't even half an hour after my mom grounded me and I was already standing on my balcony, looking down at JJ and John B standing in my backyard. Waving their hand like maniacs. And honestly I was surprised no one noticed them. Since they weren't going to leave without me, I ran back inside and tied a few blankets together. I tied them to my balcony, and slowly lowered myself to the ground. When both of my feet were on solid ground, I threw threw the makeshift rope of blankets back up, hiding any evidence that I had snuck out.

When I turned on my heels. I was met by JJ and John B standing in front of me, both smiling like kids. Which made me laugh. I was about to ask them what they were doing here, since the sun was about to set. But before I could get a word to leave my mouth, they pulled me towards the van by my wrist. The door was slid open, revealing Pope in the backseat. Clearly debating if this was even close to a good idea.

"Can someone please explain why I'm here exactly." I asked wanting answers to my many questions again. "Cause I have a feeling you're dragging me into something, and I have no clue what."

"Get in the van and I'll explain." JJ said gesturing to the van.

"You got candy in there or something." I teased him before climbing in, I hear a small scoff come from JJ throat before he closed the door and sat down in the passengers seat himself.

"So what are you dragging me into." I asked as I leaned both my arm on the passengers and drivers seat.

"Okay so, you know the royal merchant." John B asked.

I nodded in respons, knowing he'll be able to see it even though he is focussing on the road before him.

"Do you know there is 400 million inside of it."

I nodded again, knowing exactly what he was talking about, since my dad was absolutely obsessed with anything that had to do with it.

"Well, congratulations, you are now officialy dragged into a scavenger hunt."

"Your serious, a scavenger hunt, people have been looking for that money for over 100 years. It's nearly impossible." I said not even sure if that money is just a legend.

"But those people didn't have this..." He said as he was holding up a compas, and old rusty one I might add.

"A compass...?"

"A death compass to be exact." Pope comented from behind me.

"It was my dad's. And he wrote a clue inside of it. And right now, we're going to find our second clue."

"Okay... What was the clue."

"Redfield." JJ answered quickly.

"As in the lighthouse."

"No, we tried the lighthouse. Redfield as in Olivia R. Redfield, my great-great grandmother." John B explained making everything a little more clear to me, but c'mon 400 million dollars? 400 million dollars no one has ever found and they believe they can, I gotta say, I'm a little sceptical.

I let myself fall back in the van, landing next to pope. We shared a glance but didn't say a word as we looked back forward.

I noticed we weren't headed to the cemetry like John B said but instead, John B parked the van in front of the Wreck. I roll my eyes, I knew they weren't going without her, but deep down, I hoped I wouldn't have to listen to her insults for one day. Pope offered to get her, it was obvious he felt more for her than just friends, it surprised he'd never acted on it, but I'm even more surprised the other don't seem to notice that he is clearly in love with the brunette.

After about a minute pope came back outside, but kie wasn't with him. "She said she is not coming." Pope yelled from the restaurant.

"Why not... what did you do to her John B." JJ commented as John B cursed under his breath, clearly knowing more about why she isn't coming than any of us. John B was about to get out of the van when I realized something. "Let me talk to her." I stated, I thought it might be a better idea, since I might be able to find out why she hates me so much, I might also be able to fix that, and besides she'll know I came with at some point, what does it matter if that is right now, or in 2 minutes.

JJ and John B both looked back at me confused but agreed when I softly nodded at them. Pope and I passed as he was on his way to the van. He softly smiled, which made me think he might actually be okay with me coming along. Now the only one I have to convince I was here to help them, was Kie, but she is the most headstrong person I've ever met, and convincing her might be way harder than it sounds.

I entered the restaurant and a familiar feeling of warmth washed over me. I scanned the room when I saw Kie standing by the counter, looking at her fingernails. I slowly stepped closer to her, her normal expresssion immediatly turning annoyed when she saw I was trying to catch her attention.

"Kie-"

"Go away..." she quickly cut me off before I could properly form a sentence.

"No... no, I'm not going, at least not until I get at least one good reason why you hate me. What did I do to deserve that. And don't say it's because I'm a kook, because clearly I'm not."

She stayed quiet, I crossed my arms over my chest, still waiting for an answer.

"It's just- You know when in 9th grade, you were friends with Sarah Cameron, well at that moment, me and Sarah were best friends, inseperable. But than in the summer, at Sarah's birthday party. She didn't invite me." Kie eventually answered. I was confused, her story didn't really tell me why she hated me, it just explained her hatred towards a certain Cameron.

"Okay, but what does that have to do with me." I asked hoping she'll clarrify what she was talking about.

"Well, after Sarah ignored me for a long time, she started hanging out with you more, I couldn't help but think that you stole my best friend, that you were the reason she ditched me." She said, I could see the guilt in her eyes, knowing deep down she was wrong.

"If it makes you feel better, which it probably won't, I only hung out with Sarah because she started dating my brother. I didn't wanna be the annoying sister, so I decided to befriend her." I explained, slowly believing I might have lifted any wall Kie had built up between me and her life. I carefully believed she might actually tolerate me.

"C'mon, we got gold to find." I said slightly chuckling, knowing I might have just accomplished the nearly impossible as she slightly chuckled as she walked out behind me. I held my head high a I earned some proud glances from the three boys. I bowed slightly joking around a little, before I jumped in the back of the van. excited for whatever was going to happen next, as I think I might have found a group of people who might actually grow to be my best friends. I smiled to myself, thinking I might not be all by myself this summer. Not forced to hang around my brother and his friends all the time.

_____________

Hi loves,

I'm back and better than ever. I FINALLY finished this school, and now I can finally focus on the things I actually like. I do apoligise for being inactive for a pretty long time, anddd sorry for this short chapter, but I wanted to post something real quick, the next chapter will hopefully be up tommorow, that's it for now.

xx
me

stay safe :) <3