1.22

I got home from the ice cream shop 30 minutes later, I was met by my mother and her friends running around the house, preparing for her anual mid summer get ready thingy, she invites all of her friends and their daughters to get ready for mid summers together.

"Jessica." Some of them yelled as I opened the door. Let's just say, the other mothers are extremely excited for midsummers, their favorite activity is dressing up their daughters for fancy ass party's.

"Jessica, where have you been." My mom said as she strode towards me.

"I told you, I was hanging out with my friends."

"Bu-" She protested.

"Let it go cynthia, the girl just hung out with her friends." One of my mother's friends said. I smiled at her gratefully, but her sweet expression changed drastically to a disaproving one, as another mom wispered something in her ear. I could only assume she said something about who my friends were.

I sighed in frustration before I hurried upstairs, I couldn't handle another judgy mom, my own mother is hard enough.

It was almost time for me to leave to the summer movie series on the beach so I grabbed a sweater and a chair and snuck back downstairs. I went to the end of the driveway, to wait for Kie who is going to pick me up, but as I was waiting, Top drove up next to me since he was going to the movie too.

"Hey Jess. You want a ride."

"No thank you..." I said coldly.

"What wrong." He asked. I gave him a side eye before I answered.

"You parked outside of heywards?!" I asked as I leant onto the side of the car.

"He sunk my boat!"

"You attacked him for no reason, you attacked me. You're lucky we didn't go to the police."

"Attack? We just wanted a beer."

"A beer you could litteraly buy for like 2 dollars at the country club."

"Ow come on, since when do you care about stealing. You're wearing a stolen necklace." Topper bit back.

"Are you serious Topper, don't act like this has anything to do with a stolen necklace."

"Maybe you should just stop hanging out with those pogues and I might stop pulling you in my fights." He said before he drove off.

"Asshole..." I said, waiting for Kie to come pick me up.

____________

"I'm so glad that they're still doing this. Keep calm, and carry on. Back to OBX life." Kie said as she walked up to an empty spot on the field.

"Ugh me too. Finally some normal summer stuff, and bonus... I don't have to be in the same house as 10 judgy mothers." I said relieved. Kie, who knew my mother did that anual getting ready for mid summer thing, nodded in respons. The guys on the other hand, looked at me confused. I shrugged them off, since I was in no mood to explain.

"Aren't you guys glad we made you come?" Kie said.

"Ecstatic."

"My couch was pretty comfy, I'll be honest."

"Oh come on, don't be a buzzkill. Have some fun for ones." I said as I stole JJ hat from him. Topper shot me a look as he noticed, I simply looked at him coldly before I sat down in my chair.

"We're out of the green zone, man."

"Dude, tranquilo, okay?" JJ said trying to calm his ones again panicking friend down.