1.05

JJ, John B and I were still standing at Lana grubbs' house, still startled by the loud voices and sounds of breaking glass, that you could hear from the house.

"Bullshit."

"Maybe we should comeback." JJ said, reacting to the voices coming from the house. And I couldn't disagree, this was one of the most stupid things I had ever done.

JJ was keeping my small body closer to his as the screams got louder. Sending a shiver down my spine, but I wasn't able to tell if it was because of the terrified feeling coursing through my veins, or the fact that JJ's arms were brushing up against mine. Leaving a trail of warmth behind.

"It's a little too soon-" JJ started again but John B quickly shushed him, making it clear he wasn't going to leave any time soon. John B stalked closer to the house, and even though it was the stupidest idea ever, me and JJ followed his lead.

The screaming continued and seemed to get even worse when we creeped closer to the house. I jumped a little when I heared glass break from inside, followed by a scream which was clearly lana's. I wanted to leave so bad, but I stayed with the two pogues who I just met a few days ago.

Eventually we made our way to sit under the window. The firm footsteps on the wooden floor of the house, were noticable to where I was sitting. Making the situation so much more terrifying.

I was caught in some kind of trance, trying to block out the voices, the screams, the sounds of breaking glass. But I couldn't say it helped much. And the fact that little chips of paint were falling down onto our heads, wasn't helping the situation. I pulled my knees to my chest and wrapped one arm around them as my other hand was still holding JJ's. And right now, there was no reason for me to let go. I looked at JJ, noticing he was just as scared as I was, he wanted to leave like me, but stayed for his best friend.

"Let's get the hell out of here man."

I heard one of the guys from inside say, the voice was slightly familiar to me, but who it was exactly I couldn't make up. Lana's sobs were continuing, only making me feel for her more and more. One day she was just living with her husband, the next, she founds out her husband died and she get robbed by two sketchy ass guys.

When two guys were out on there boat, I was standing up against the wall, pushing myself as close to the wood, refusing to even look at the two, not wanting to catch the smallest glimps of them, hoping not to be reminded of this when I would happen to see them somewhere in public.

"Dude, those are the guys that shot at us." JJ said only making me more and more confused about this whole situation.

"Wait, what...? Shot at you, what the hell are you talking about." I asked trying to understand this whole situation a bit more.

"I'll explain later Jess." JJ said, trying to shut me up, hoping the two guys wouldn't hear us.

When I heard the engine of the boat start and the boat drove away, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. finally letting go of JJ's hand as I realized I was still holding it.

No one said a word as we creeped closer to the door. Untill we went inside and found Lana Grubbs on the floor crying, slightly flinching when John B said her name. Her eyes shifting between John B, JJ and I.

John B and I crouched in front of her as JJ stayed back, eager to leave as soon as possible. "Dude she's tweaking." He said as John B tried to comfort her.

"Do you need a doctor... Let's call the sheriffs department." John B said as I rubbed over Lana's knee that was pushed against her chest.

"No, no, no cops, please.." She said, as her face immediatly turned desperate.