1.17

So... I wanted to go with the pogues, help them with whatever they were planning on doing. But ofcourse, I had other things to do, 'something more important than spending time with those new friends of yours' as my mom put it. But it was just trying on dresses for midsummers. I didn't hate wearing dresses, it kinda made me feel like a princess, but it also felt... weird in a way, I don't really know what it is, but I hate dresses and I love them. We have a love hate relationship.

Right at this moment I was standing in the middle of an overpriced dress shop, a light blue dress laid out in front of me, this was the dress I wanted and no one could change my mind. My mother had picked out a hairpiece and walked up to me with a white flower crown, something that apparently every teenage girl would be wearing.

My mom paid for her and my dress, and we walked out of the store together. We got in the car and drove home, completely quiet, the tension was still there from the... incident from 2 weeks ago. I quickly grabbed my dress ones we arrived at the house. I had to leave immediatly since I had to help at the country club. Help set up for midsummers. So I immediatly jumped in my jeep and rode to the country club, immediatly spotting Topper's car. I walked inside and was immediatly handed a strand of fairy lights. I hung them up alongside some others, but then I got told to get something from the docks, but on my way there I ran into Pope. He was carrying two bags, both filled with groceries.

"Hey Pope."

"Jessi, what are you doing here?" He asked.

"Helping out for midsummers. You working?" I asked assuming he wasn't here voluntairly. He just nodded and I went out to grab one of the bags, but he pulled away, too proud to give one up. I rolled my eyes and snatched one from his grasp, walking away accomplished waiting for him to catch because I actually didn't know where these groceries should go.

That's when I heard Toppers voice from behind me, just as Pope caught up to me. Topper walked up to me giving me a side hug since I haven't seen him in a few days and unfortunetly Rafe soon joined.

"Hey how much for one of those beers." Rafe asked Pope poking the box of beercans with his golfclub.

"Back of Rafe, those aren't for you." I said, stepping forward but Topper grasp pulled me back.

"Shut up Jess, just because you actually have friends now, doesn't mean you are a pogue, you're a kook, start acting like one." Rafe said walking up towards me, Topper holding up his hand in front of Rafe's chest to stop him. Which he did when Pope said something.

"They're not for sale." He said as he tried walking away, but was stopped by rafe's golfclub.

"Wait, wait, wait. You can just give us one, then. Right?" He said.

"Or you can order one, like everybody else." Pope protested. Eyeing Topper who's arm was still around my shoulder protectively.

"Listen. Wait, wait, wait. You're not listening to me. Um. You've got so many, bro, and we've got nothing."

"Nothin'" Topper said backing Rafe up. And that did piss me of, so I pushed him away from me. Walked up to Pope and stood by his side.

"You need to listen for just a sec, okay, can you do that?" I started off taking Rafe by surprise. "Leave Pope the fuck alone, and if you want a beer? Walk to the bar and get your ass a beer, it's not like you can't afford one, considiring the coke you had on your party yesterday." I said walking towards Rafe, his eyes widened at my words.

"How did you know that." Rafe said with a gulp.

"People talk, Rafe. Especially that blonde friend of yours, she posted everything on her story. Now back off an-" I started but was cut off when I felt finger wrap tightly around my throat. Rafe had a furious look on his face and pushed me back by my throat. I felt my airway cut of as I struggled for oxygen, I wrapped my hand around Rafe's wrist trying to push him back but he was determined. My chest started to burn as my lungs were desperatly screaming for the slightest amount of air.