1.03

I woke up the next morning from my alarm going off. I rubbed my eyes, I was now sitting up but let myself fall back into the soft pillow against my headboard. I pulled a fuzzy blanket over my tired body till it reached my chin.

I doze of almost falling back asleep but was woken up again by my phone ringing next to him. A groan slipped from my throat as I went to answer. I looked at the name of the caller and saw it was my mom.

I didn't even bother to answer as she would probably complain about yesterday and make me stay home all day, even though she is not even here today.

I push myself up and drag my feet towards the stairs. I walked to the kitchen where Topper was sitting at the island. hand laying on the counter in front of him staring down at them.

"What's up?" I ask as I got a glass of water.

When he didn't answer and didn't even move his gaze. I rolled my eyes and started talking again. "Don't act like you're the victim here. You were drowning John B."

He now looked up at me and said something. "Not the victim... Jessi, he pointed a gun to my head."

"Your could've killed him."

"He could've killed me for god sake!" He shouted through the house. I jumped a little as he slammed his fist down on the counter.

"He could... But you also could have killed someone, you're not the only who got hurt last night. So don't expect me to feel bad for you." I say as I grabbed an apple and ran back to my room and took a quick shower before changing before I went to aunt Lucy's again. I went there almost every day, the pogues never noticed because they were hardly ever home themselves.

I slipped on a red plaid skirt with a black crop top, I put on black vans and ran downstairs making my way to my boat. Befor I could drive off Topper stopped me, I wanted to ask him what he wanted but he just jumped in the boat and sat waiting for me to leave. I looked at him confused before he waved his hand towards the waters saying I should drive off without any words.

I wasn't even sure if he knew where I was going but I didn't bother telling him, he hasn't aunt Lucy in forever. I could say the same about my uncle but he is hardly ever there. It would be rare to see him there.

When we arrived at the dock it was already past noon, I stayed in bed until eleven. We quickly tied the boat to it.

"What are we doing here."

"I was going to help aunt Lucy and the neighbours a little to clean up, you went with me voluntarily not asking me where I was going."

Topper rolls his eyes to me, I start walking to the house but got pulled back by my arm.

"Change of plans jess." He said as he dragged me to the boat. quickly untying it after he had pulled me on the boat.

"What are you doing?" I asked him, but my question got answered when the pogues drove by.

"Are you seriously going to follow them."

"No... we are going to follow them."

I roll my eyes at him and stand up from where I was sitting "Like hell I am." I was about to step out of the boat when he pushed the boat away from the dock and gave me a sarcastic smile.

"Go to hell." I quickly say as I sit back down. Pulling my sunglasses down to my nose.

Topper quickly went faster trying to find the Pogues somewhere. But he harshly failed and we decided to go home.

I wanted to ask him why he wanted to follow them so bad, but he was already halfway down the dock when I was done tying the boat to it.

I walked up to my room and decided to just stay home for the day. But those plans changed as I found myself craving for the smell of the salty water of the beach. I slipped on a bikini and slipped on a flowy dress. This time I didn't have to sneak around, I wasn't on lockdown because of the storm. Topper was in his room, and my mom was outside again bossing her minions around.