1.18

We decided to meet up with John B and Kie to surf after the whole Topper Rafe stuff. So we all collected our surfgear and met up with them. I couldn't care less about my hand getting wet, I was going to surf.

"Save some waves for us!" JJ yelled at the two as we ran up to them.

"Hey, where you been?" Kie asked us.

"A few minor set backs, nothin to worry 'bout." I yelled back as I duck onto my board, floating over a wave.

We were able to catch a few good waves, JJ tried to steal some waves from me, but like I said, he tried, he didn't succeed. This was the first time I actually went surfing with them. And it was way different than when I went surfing with Topper and his friends. With them it was all about topping the others' moves, showing off whatever you could proving you are better than the others. With the pogues, it was fun, it was about having a good time with friends, JJ taught me a few things that I haven't seen anyone do before.

When the sun started to set we decides to get out of the water. We all went to John B's, I stayed there too since I wasn't going to face Topper.

We all sat in the hammocks as the sky got darker every second. I was sharing one with JJ and Kie as John B and Pope shared one. I was laying next to JJ, he was playing with the hairtie that was around my wrist, my head was resting on his shoulder as his presence was the only source of warmth. It was truly peaceful.

"You really think it's out there? Like no bullshit?" Pope asked, breaking the comfortable silence.

"My father thought it was." John B answered.

"But do you?" Pope asked him. As thunder was softly rumbling in the background.

"After hearing his voice on that tape... I think I do."

"Wait... Tape, what tape are you talking about." I asked pushing myself up.

"After we got back from the cemetry. We opened the envelope, there was a taperecorder, a map and some necklace in there." JJ answered.

"And your telling me that now." I said excited but also a little hurt.

"Well you saw the map already, and the tape had a message for John B taped on it, and the necklace... we don't know why it was in there, we don't know what it is." Kie aswered.

"Well maybe I know why the necklace is in there." I said, hoping they'll fully include me in that part of the hunt.

"I doubt that." Pope said. I fell back down pouting, they wouldn't fully include me and could only think it was because I'm a Kook. I thought I had proven that I was their friend by now, but the trust definitly wasn't fully there.

"Look, we're gonna find it, you know?" Kie said, reffering back to the gold. "Even JJ believes."

"Oh my god, JJ, do you really believe?" John B asked.

"Totally, wait are we talking about four mil?" JJ asnwered.

"Four hundred mil." Kie and Pope said at the same time. My eyes already started to close a little. I knew I would fall asleep fast.

"Jinx." Kie said making me stiffle a laugh, waking me up a little.

"I'm gonna dream about shipwrecks." JJ said making himself comfortable, which got him to wrap him arm around my waist, pulling me a little closer.

"Good night Bird!" JJ yelled.

"Goodnight birdshit!" We all laughed a little before we went quiet and fell asleep one by one.

_________

"Goodmorning." I heard someone say as my eyes fluttered open. I looked around and saw JJ smoking on the hammock next to me.