1.12

The next morning was quiet, like always. My mother wasn't home, doing who knows what with who knows who. My brother was sittinng on the kitchen counters with his phone in one hand and a glass of water in the other. Normally he would pay no attention to me, but today was different.

"What was that pogue doing here yesterday." He asked not looking up from his phone.

Not this again...

I open the fridge and grab a bottle of water before I answer.

"Like it or not Top, the pogues are my friends."

"They so aren't, Sarah is your friends, best friend."

"God Topper, you can't force me to be friends with your girlfriend. Yes, Sarah is nice, she really is. But she only pays attention to you. Besides we never hang out anymore." I protest.

"And who's fault is that." He mutters.

I slam the bottle on the counter and leave it there before walking back upstairs. Furious at Topper that he thinks he can choose who I'm friends with.

I pace around my room for a bit before taking a shower and getting dressed in a baby blue romper, a white bikini underneath. I put the surfboard necklace back on since I took it of before taking a shower. I take one last look in the mirror. My eyes lingering on the necklace a little longer before walking back downstairs. Hoping the pogues are at John B's place since there is no service there and no way I could send them any kind of message.

But before I could head out, Topper yells something from the kitchen that makes me stops in my tracks.

"Beach clean up!"

Fuck...
Agatha messes with my day once again.

I stumble into the kitchen and snatched the waterbottle I grabbed earlier, along with my phone and sunglasses and stumble towards Toppers boat.

I've already made myself comfortable as he walks down the dock, a smirk on his lips since he knows he ruined my day.

I pushed my sunglasses onto my nose as we drove off towards Sarah's house. The blonde didn't even look at me when we arrived. What now 'best friends'.

Topper clearly noticed and rolled his eyes at me, as if it was my fault Sarah and I didn't really get along very well the last few days. His arm snaked around Sarah's waist, pulling her close as he drove away once again, towards the cut where the beach clean up is.

The hot morning sun hit my skin, I closed my eyes and leaned back, trying to make the best out of the situation.

But my eyes shot back open when I heard Topper softly mumble, "Look who we have here." I immediatly looked towards the direction he was looking, and a relieved sigh slipped through my lips.

"Topper drive closer to them." I said. Already standing up.

"Wh-"

"Just do it!" I cut him of. And to my surprise he did it. Clearly not bright enough to know what I was up to. And he realised to late, when I was already standing at the edge of the overly expensive boat.

JJ was the first to realise what I was doing, and held his hand out for me. He slipped both his hands under my arms, pulling me further as I jumped over to the HMS pogue.

Topper's eyes widen at my actions and immediatly started protesting. "Jess, we have the Beach clean up, what are you doing." He yelled, along with some other things.

"We both know the clean up is just an excuse for teens to get drunk in the morning." I bit back slightly laughing. Glad I didn't have to put up with Toppers drunk friends all morning.