1.38

The next morning, we had to get Kie and Sarah back from the marsh. Even though it was early in the morning, and sun had just crossed the horizon, it was already really warm. The first hints of sweat had already came when I sat on the front of the boat with Pope, playing tic tac toe on the small layer of dust with the boy. A pair of black sunglasses on my nose just to shield the sun, that was already reflecting on the white of the boat.

"Oh oh!" Pope yelled, a laugh already coming through as we saw the two girls standing at the side of the boat. Looking as pissed as ever.

"You guys forgot your keys or something!" John B immediatly joined in.

"You need a tow!" Pope quickly added.

"You gotta admit, it's kinda funny." John B said.

"You can't tell me you two didn't have a good time, Sarah's a lightweight." I said, knowing if that girl even tried smoking once, she would be high off her ass.

"John B." Kie simply said.

"Ah, what's that?"

"Mastermind, huh?" She immediatly added.

"I'm always plannin'" He said.

"And seeing you two haven't torn each other apart yet, it seems like it worked." I said standing up from the front of the boat to make room for the girls to step in.

"Some patriarchal bullshit." Kie mumbled.

"Yeah, that sucked."

"You still love us though, right?" JJ asked, loosely letting his arm fall around my shoulder when I came to stand next to him.

JJ threw Kie a rope.

"You still hate me?" John B asked his girlfriend.

"A little. We're both gonna get you back when you least expect it." Sarah answered.

"Watch your back, guys."

"Well I for one welcome that challenge." Pope said.

"Me too." JJ added.

"Let's see what you got." I said, gesturing my hands towards them.

"So, did you guys, you know..." Pope said, gesturing between the two.

"Reconcile our differences?" Kie said, her hands placed on her hips. "Not even close."

"But we're... willing to work together." Sarah said, Kie agreed with a small hum. Something told me the two did make up.

"You know what? That's victory." John B happily said.

"Yep."

"Wiggedy-wiggedy-wiggedy." Pope said doing some handshake with JJ.

"You know why, guys?" JJ started. "Hydroponic." He finished making me shake my head.

"Don't say that." Pope immediatly said.

"All right, shut up." John B said, looking at JJ and Pope. "You guys ready to jack someone up?" John B asked.

"Yeah whatever." Kie said jumping into our boat quickly followed by Sarah.

We got out of the marsh pretty fast. Once we got back to the chateau the sun had complete risen and it was really heating up our skin. I was already dreading having to change into a full black outfit tonight.

___________________

It was almost time for us to leave. The sun was starting to set and we still had to get to the house.