Epilogue (II) - YG

Agent Manoban's POV

I've always known how to handle myself in these types of situations. When BamBam had me under his lock and key, I knew how to keep myself physically and mentally stable, for the most part. 

When I was younger, I was trained on how to deal with situations that could put a mental strain on my brain. I witnessed my first death when I was five, and shot my first person when I was seven, killed when I was barely ten years old. Of course, I'm not proud of it, but I did what I had to do to survive. 

My training was rigorous, but Jennie. Jennie didn't have any of it. Her first witness of death was her pet fish when she was thirteen. The hostage trade with Fox was probably the worst thing she's ever been through. But this? This is a completely different animal.

Lily's a child, a child separated from the world of secret agents, ruthless mafia leaders, conniving underworld bosses. And to not have control of this situation, it's infuriating. 

I have many connections, mainly from my work in the agency, and I've pushed everyone to working harder. Yet, even with all of their tireless efforts, we can't pinpoint Lily. Even with the tracker, it seems as though it's been blocked. 

Jennie's car was attacked in the middle of the highway, in broad daylight. There are no cameras, no witnesses that could give a clear description of the smoke, and no ransom notes. 

I look towards Jennie, who is lying down on our bed, facing the window. She hasn't been sleeping properly, barely eats even though she's consumed herself with cooking, and is growing weaker and weaker. It's only been three days, but she's visibly lost weight, the shine in her eyes is now dulled, and her lips have gotten chapped. 

I sit on the other side of the bed, putting my head in my hands as I watch my phone's screen on the nightstand. Jungkook has been playing double agent. He's on his own after Ghost's crew got disbanded. He doesn't choose a side, and he doesn't follow the law, but he's his own person now. 

He only goes after those who deserve it. Rapists, murders, corrupt politicians, abusive husbands, child molesters. He works primarily in South Korea, and since he's started doing his own business, the crime rate has gone down by at least 15% within the last few years. 

Finally, my phone rings. Shooting up from my bed, I place it to my ear. 

"It's him." 

"But I thought she killed her?" My voice was slightly hoarse, but I made no attempt to change it. 

"She killed someone pretending to be him. An imposter, he's been alive all these years. You know what he's after. I need to go now, but I'll send your men the information, alright?" 

"Thank you, Kook." 

"Thank you too, for giving me a second chance." He ends the call as I place my phone back on the nightstand. Turning back, I'm slightly shocked to see Jennie sitting up on the bed, her eyes piercing through mine. 

"My daughter.." It hurt me that she didn't say our daughter. I had been there too, the entire process of going to the fertility clinic and having the operation done. Granted, I didn't carry either of our children, but they were both equally mine. I let it slide, though, since I know Jennie is going through a lot. 

"Jen, we need to talk." 

She lets out a sarcastic snort before crossing her legs. "I'm listening." I walk over to her and sit on the edge of the bed, debating on how I should tell her. 

"Remember when I told you about my past?" She nods her head. "I think it's time I tell you a bit more." 

5-year old Lisa's POV