【36】- Welcome Home, Honey!

Manoban's POV ~ One week later

"You're doing it." She says coldly, pointing to the horrendous thing in the corner of the hospital room.

"No," I say coldly, returning her glare.

"Why must you make everything difficult?" She says, throwing her hands in the air in annoyance.

"I was literally trained to be able to walk with injuries such as these. I'm not using it." I shoot back.

"You use it, or I take your grandfather's recommendation and suspend your ass."

"You wouldn't dare." I narrow my eyes as Phoenix pulls out her phone, showing me the Chief's contact and her hand hovering over the call button. I raise an eyebrow, daring her to press it. She does, and when he picks up, she puts the phone on speaker.

"I'm suspending Manoban." She says to the phone.

"Finally, I keep telling you to do that." He says on the other side.

"Thank you for your confidence, Pap." I say loudly from my bed. I can hear him laugh as he hangs up the phone. Phoenix continues to glare at me as she brings the crutch closer to me. I look at it, and then I look at her.

"Three days." I negotiate.

"Two weeks." She fires back.

"Six days." I counter.

"10 days and I'll let you interrogate Aeternum and Jungkook at the end of the week."

"14 days with the crutch, if I can't support myself, I'll use the chair for the rest of it. I get to go home today, and I get to interrogate them. I also don't want the guard detail."

"Deal. But you're keeping the guards, Chief's orders. Ghost is still out there." I think about it before nodding my head, agreeing.

We shake hands as she gives me the crutch. I swing my legs to the side of the bed, putting the crutch under my left arm. My right foot is still twisted somewhat broken while my right shoulder still has that nasty cut Ghost gave me. I have a sling around my right arm to keep my from moving my shoulder. Around my waist is a wrap for my bruised and broken ribs, along with a bandage to cover all the cuts. I have a sprain wrap on my left wrist, but it's not bad enough as to where I can't use the crutch. I just need to pace myself.

Outside my room, there's about 10 agents, all lined up. Phoenix opens the door for me as Graves calls out a command.

"Special Agent on deck." All ten of the men snap to attention.

"Present, arms" They all raise their hands to salute me. I balance myself on my foot before straightening my posture. I slowly walk down the line, keeping my eye on the elevator where Jennie was waiting for me. She let's me lean on her and use her as support as I hop into the elevator.

"You hate this, don't you?" Jennie asks as she helps me into the elevator.

"Only reason I'll do this is that I'll be dependant on you," I say teasingly. I can't see her face, but I know she's rolling her eyes as she helps me out of the elevator.

As we get out, there's a carpet leading to a Black SUV. Two lines of agents stand on each side with the media eagerly waiting behind them. As the automatic door opens, the agents salute and the cameras start clicking.

I respectfully nod to them as I hobble out of the hospital with Jennie, who just smiles and waves, greeting the hoard of reporters. She has her left arm wrapped around my waist, my elbow slightly pressing into her chest as the media swarms her with questions.